Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Series 4 Apple Watch Cellular doesn’t work

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

So, in typical Vodafone fashion they have come out with a new feature and product that doesn’t work at launch - in-fact it does several unannounced and unauthorised credit checks.

So I received my brand new iPhone and Apple Watch today and I have to admit, they look fantastic, after opening the iPhone box and just seeing the magnificence that is the phone I am definitely happy with my purchase.

I open up the oddly packaged watch box and start to set it up, everything is fine except for when I got to the mobile data setup section- at first it looked promising a Vodafone log-in screen, “Awesome” I thought, so I logged in and all of a sudden it was asking me to add a subscription for £5 per month.. I thought this was strange as I was already paying for the watch now you’re trying to charge me more for a subscription, I knew it seems to be a mistake so I just glanced at the terms, it seemed normal just about linking them together so it made sense, I went ahead and clicked add subscription knowing that I would just call Vodafone and explain the situation if they tried to charge me more.

Anyway, it shows me a loading screen and I’m simply waiting for it to complete the link between my devices.

After a short while it went to a blank white screen and then... what’s this... I HAVE FAILED A CREDIT CHECK AND I HAVENT BEEN CHARGED?!?!?

So not only did it fail.. Vodafone has performed a credit check, without authorisation just to link it to my existing plan that I was already credit checked on?

Good one Vodafone, will be returning the watch and the device and leaving the network for good, this is the final straw, I’ve had nothing but trouble with you for 7 years and I’ve stuck by you, but you just cannot get anything right first time, EVER.

wondering if anyone else had this happen to them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

Hi everyone,

OP here, I can’t believe this issue is still effecting some people, I get emails almost daily about updates for this, it’s crazy to think it still hasn’t been sorted for everyone.

i can now finally say all of my issues are resolved and everything is working fine, you have to be persistent and contact the directors team, standard help from the tech team does not work.

Contact Nick Jeffries team and hopefully you will get I resolved like I did.

View solution in original position

1,336 REPLIES 1,336

@Nsjmurray wrote:

Live chat and phone support cannot help me - need to now buy a replacement sim.

should be able to get a free one from a store?

I meant to use the word ‘Order’.

It is quite ironic that by buying Apple Watches we were hoping to have extra phone connectivity however in some cases we are ending up with less connectivity!

:No_phones:

@logib wrote:

@morganomalley wrote:

@Nsjmurray wrote:

Trying the eSim swap now — 24 hour wait.. we shall see.

Did you use the primary number or secondary?

secondary and eid number from the watch...

Interesting it shows my secondary number being invalid

Just went online to look at the activate e sim, and noticed my watch number now shows the usual ‘minutes/texts/data’ summary - earlier it was blank. So maybe it is being activated now

Only snag is my phone now reports my plan isn’t compatible with one number - which actually was fine this morning but CS insisted it needed changing

Ignore the plan isn’t eligible, mine came up with that initially but is fine now. 

Radio silence so far 

nothing from the social media team

tried activating the esim nothing

im really f ucked off with this now

ill only be able to return my phone

my watch has a scratch so can’t return that

im at a loss as what to do.

has anyone actually got it working? How did you get it to work

No another day goes by no response other than L3 techs are dealing.

well they have until tomorrow then I’m calling complaints again to cancel the watch and return it.

all the years and thousands of pounds they have had off me and they can’t be ##~## to even call back when they promise to.

I’m in the same position, I was told to go back to the store as the order shows on hold. The store manager text chatted to someone and was told the original order needed to be cancelled and reordered that would take 24 hours to cancel and 24hours to re enstate ive already waited 36 hours. I have been with Vodafone more than 10 years and have 4 accounts (Christ only knows how much money I have spent with them ) but I have found only when something changes the problems start, the only way to resolve issues is  to email the ceo 

What’s the CEO’s email addresses