main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

iOS

Series 4 Apple Watch Cellular doesn’t work

4: Newbie

Day: 107.

as I said last Friday they called to me today to inform me about that they still don’t have my update. They are going to call tomorrow (probably to tell me that again).

View more options

All sounds so familiar, I had exactly the same 

View more options

Yes im still waiting for my watch to be sorted also....Wonder if they actually know what they are doing!!

View more options

Counting the number of times I’ve been told by lots of different people in different departments and given that many 24 ..48 hours I’d say they don’t know a thing 

View more options
1: Seeker

Hi all

My wife has had a problem connecting cellular since she bought the watch but they eventually sorted it for us.

The process involved them setting up a secondary eSim for the Apple Watch, they texted a link with a secondary phone number and EID number, with instructions of how to enable this second phone number, which worked and tethered the device to my wife's Vodafone cellular network within a few hours. Hopefully this is now a permanent fix. To confirm, this hasn't changed the phone number on her actual iPhone.

Really feel for those of you struggling and would suggest that when speaking to Vodafone, mention the need for a secondary number and eSim; I think we just lucked out that the guy we spoke to had a clue as other people clearly didn't.

Still massively unimpressed with Vodafone and underhand credit check nonsense, which is without clear explanation and extremely shady.

Good luck folks!

View more options

Time for little refresh because Vodafone don’t care about this problem or their staff don’t have qualifications for this job.

Day 112:  

Vodafone decided to don’t call me anymore. They just send me same message but with different date:

Hello

It's Angela from the Vodafone Directors Office. I'm sorry that I don't have an update from our technical team yet in regards to your Apple watch. I'll continue to monitor the issue and will call you on Tuesday 12 February 2019 with an update.

Beautiful lies. I don’t know why they left me with that but it’s just cruel.

View more options

wow that’s nearly as bad as me , five months I’ve had similar messages and promises and no calls and it still goes on ..I’m beginning to think it’ll never be sorted 

View more options

I wrote to their customer serve director Neil bl*gden (they block his name!) regarding the awful experience and dire level of customer service regarding their failure to fix the issue for me. Needless to say I got no reply......

View more options

Be good if Apple knew about this and also if it could be broadcasted as they are still selling a product they know they can’t add data to , mine has been going on for 5 months now and still not resolved and I’m absolutely fed up of spending hours and hours on the phone to them and going into their store ,last on phone to them last night at 9pm which all they said was reset watch and it will be done ...still same they are are joke ..had enough now 

View more options
2: Seeker

I finally got my watch sorted after approx 5 calls a day. Repeated unpair and reset network settings. Wait 24 hours. Wait 24-48 hours. Back office team looking they take 5 days. Your watch is faulty. Speak to Apple support. Been such a bad experience.

Now when I say sorted... it’s 99% sorted. The concerning thing is that my watch dials out using a totally wrong number. It’s not the watch billing number either. What’s more concerning is that it’s another Vodafone customers number! If someone calls that number my watch rings and if I answer it before the lady does I take her call. Needless to say she is not happy either as we have been in contact.

Back to calling everyday and Vodafone don’t think this is a priority and back office team will look in 5 days. I would say it was a data/privacy breach (for the other customer).

View more options

That’s bad and not only hers what if our numbers are being used in the same way when they try to connect our watches, last night they told me they had sorted mine and the watch number ended in 57 mine is 84 so you have pointed out they are mixing numbers up somehow..it’s just a nightmare isn’t it 

View more options

@trevwealthall wrote:

That’s bad and not only hers what if our numbers are being used in the same way when they try to connect our watches, last night they told me they had sorted mine and the watch number ended in 57 mine is 84 so you have pointed out they are mixing numbers up somehow..it’s just a nightmare isn’t it 

Don’t forget the watch will have its own number for billing. And then they do magic at the network level to pair them. But apart from showing on your bill to identify that 2nd line you shouldn’t ever see 2 numbers.

in my case, my number I dial/receive from on my Apple Watch is not even mine or my watch billing number. It’s a 3rd unknown unrelated number to me! But another customers... 

View more options

Think know what you mean , my phone number ends in 48 my watch shows as one number on account but the actual watch number ends in 84 ....but they tried pairing it with a watch number ending in 57 ..complicated  but outcome is still same ..they tried pairing wrong number 

View more options

I think this is correct and the reason they cut me off twice trying to set it up

View more options

That does not sound 99% sorted it sounds totally borked! I bet this is a GDPR breach as they have managed to cross connect two sets of customer data

View more options

I told them that  they have been solving this for me for nearly 5 months now and surely they are not working on resolving my watch alone for 5 months if so they need a better tec team , I’ve suggested a few things but they don’t listen and yes it shows our data is not 100% safe with them 

View more options

I think this needs to go to the national press. Vodafone are the worst company I have ever dealt with. Mine still not working. I have said I’m sending watch back and they just don’t care. Shocking 

View more options

@Codhunter123 wrote:

I think this needs to go to the national press. Vodafone are the worst company I have ever dealt with. Mine still not working. I have said I’m sending watch back and they just don’t care. Shocking 

I raised this concern with them on Sunday and its still not fixed. I have called Monday, tuesday and today to chase and still getting told they are looking into it. I have had 2 esim swaps since sunday. Today they are doing a 3rd... They said my EID number is wrong which is incorrect as my watch wouldnt be working as they need a correct EID number to issue a ICCID number.

They really dont know what they are doing and in the mean time I can still dial out as another customers number and receive their calls!

View more options

I’ve lost count on how many  esim swoops I’ve had  waiting anything from 24 hours to 48 and even a few 5 days wait and countless promises from customer relations that it’s being dealt with on its highest level and so here we are 5 months on and still the same , done that many resets and pairing I can do it in my sleep.your right it needs going to national press or get some sort of petition going..I don’t think they will ever resolve it so why are they still selling to poor unsuspecting people who will just add to a long list of us trying to sort it . Should be taken off sale by Vodafone till it’s sorted 

View more options

Hello from Spain!

Since the launch of the service in Spain for the Apple Watch LTE, it has been a disaster. In the forum of Vodafone Spain, there are many users who, to this day, still can not connect the LTE of the Apple Watch. Five months have passed, and Vodafone continues to do poor service.

I was able to activate the LTE on the Apple Watch from the first day. But due to problems with notifications, Apple asked me to unsubscribe the e-SIM data service. A big mistake, since Vodafone also dropped my mobile line for three weeks. And they did not know the reason.

However, the other mobile carrie that offers Apple Watch's LTE service, Orange, has had almost no problems with activations.

Many luck, patience or leave Vodafone.

Best regards,

View more options