Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Series 4 Apple Watch Cellular doesn’t work

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

So, in typical Vodafone fashion they have come out with a new feature and product that doesn’t work at launch - in-fact it does several unannounced and unauthorised credit checks.

So I received my brand new iPhone and Apple Watch today and I have to admit, they look fantastic, after opening the iPhone box and just seeing the magnificence that is the phone I am definitely happy with my purchase.

I open up the oddly packaged watch box and start to set it up, everything is fine except for when I got to the mobile data setup section- at first it looked promising a Vodafone log-in screen, “Awesome” I thought, so I logged in and all of a sudden it was asking me to add a subscription for £5 per month.. I thought this was strange as I was already paying for the watch now you’re trying to charge me more for a subscription, I knew it seems to be a mistake so I just glanced at the terms, it seemed normal just about linking them together so it made sense, I went ahead and clicked add subscription knowing that I would just call Vodafone and explain the situation if they tried to charge me more.

Anyway, it shows me a loading screen and I’m simply waiting for it to complete the link between my devices.

After a short while it went to a blank white screen and then... what’s this... I HAVE FAILED A CREDIT CHECK AND I HAVENT BEEN CHARGED?!?!?

So not only did it fail.. Vodafone has performed a credit check, without authorisation just to link it to my existing plan that I was already credit checked on?

Good one Vodafone, will be returning the watch and the device and leaving the network for good, this is the final straw, I’ve had nothing but trouble with you for 7 years and I’ve stuck by you, but you just cannot get anything right first time, EVER.

wondering if anyone else had this happen to them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

Hi everyone,

OP here, I can’t believe this issue is still effecting some people, I get emails almost daily about updates for this, it’s crazy to think it still hasn’t been sorted for everyone.

i can now finally say all of my issues are resolved and everything is working fine, you have to be persistent and contact the directors team, standard help from the tech team does not work.

Contact Nick Jeffries team and hopefully you will get I resolved like I did.

View solution in original position

1,336 REPLIES 1,336

@Geoffr wrote:

Got the watch yesterday from Very. Set it up rang 191 and asked to join Vodafone onenumber. They asked for my eid and started the process. Lady said all done and should be active within 24 hours. It’s now working took about 20 hours. YIPPEE. Happy now. 

the odds where in your favour

I only been waiting 2 weeks and the account is not setup properly yet 

About 10 days for me and still no news

Hopefully now that some of us have got the watch working then the 'fix' can be distributed across Vodafone and everyone else's problem can be resolved swiftly and you can all enjoy your new gadgets like I am!

To say this has been a bit of a fiasco is an understatement but keep with it and I am sure you'll be up and running soon enough!  :Thumbs_Up:

I should have kept my big mouth shut. I had it all working this afternoon and now it has disappeared and I'm back to "waiting" with a spinning wheel. Just spoken to Vodafone chat and he tells me my eid was not linked to my account. I have given it to them again and he has put in another order and I have to wait another 24 hours. GRRRR!!!!!!!

garethr
12: Established
12: Established

@Geoffr wrote:

I should have kept my big mouth shut. I had it all working this afternoon and now it has disappeared and I'm back to "waiting" with a spinning wheel. Just spoken to Vodafone chat and he tells me my eid was not linked to my account. I have given it to them again and he has put in another order and I have to wait another 24 hours. GRRRR!!!!!!!

Guessing this is a symptom of different people from different teams all independently trying to fix folk's issues. One team fixes things and then another team makes a change which breaks things. Its a mess.

I eventually had a reply from the eforum/social team earlier today - politely told him to back off and don't touch a thing as my issues are with the director's office.

I think using the director's office as a sole point of contact is your best bet. At least they're actually based in the UK and appear to have authority and some degree knowledge of the issues many of us have been facing.

In my case the contact from the director's office thought everything looked in order on my account and will be calling be back at the end of the week to ensure the open order on the account has closed and things have started working.

Just wanted to share my story so you know there is some hope getting your watch working. 

Gave up waiting for Vodafone to deliver my watch and they can't cancel the order until they have stock, but thats another story. 

Looked on apple and found they had stock at my local store, Ordered on line and went and colected it. Got home and set the watch up, tried to add cellular servies in set up but got the credit check failed. Called 191 and told them what i wanted to do. Thay asked for my EID number (why is it so long!??!?) went on hold about 5 mins and they told me it was all set up. Thinking the worst i hung up and within 10 mins i had received some new network settings and the watch now has cellular services when the phone is in flight mode and the watch is out of wifi range. I have noticed it can take 10-60 seconds to pick up celluar after the phone goes off and wifi is turned off on the watch. Bit it does work. 

I now have a Vodafone plan showing up under ‘mobile data’ in the watch app but it is marked as ‘not in use’

progress?

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Odinn74 We’ve now replied to your email, please get back to us with the required information.

@jouster Not at all, we’re helping all customers but it’s taking a little while to do so, we really appreciate your patience and we’ll be sure to respond to all messages as quickly as we can.

@anthp I can absolutely understand how annoying this would be, we’re really trying hard to get all queries resolved as soon as we can. If you’ve already been in touch with the Directors Office, they will be back in touch with you regarding your query. If you want us to lend a hand, send us your details by following the steps on the private message I’ve sent you.

@BobbyhLeeds We really want to get this sorted for you, please send us your details by following the private message I’ve sent you.

@willc1000 This doesn’t sound ideal for you at all, huge apologies for this. Let us take a look into this for you. Send us your details by following the  private message I’ve sent you.

Hi @Jason32, let us look into this for you. Send us your details by following the steps in the private message I’ve sent you.

Are you kidding me?!?

Youre an embarrassment. 

The CEO office called me yesterday and apparently they’re all over it. 

I have to give it ANOTHER 5 days. 

Ive given up all hope of you morons ever sorting anything.

Besides, no one got back to the last reply I sent to your privelate messages. 

What a shambles you lot areZ