Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Series 4 Apple Watch Cellular doesn’t work

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

So, in typical Vodafone fashion they have come out with a new feature and product that doesn’t work at launch - in-fact it does several unannounced and unauthorised credit checks.

So I received my brand new iPhone and Apple Watch today and I have to admit, they look fantastic, after opening the iPhone box and just seeing the magnificence that is the phone I am definitely happy with my purchase.

I open up the oddly packaged watch box and start to set it up, everything is fine except for when I got to the mobile data setup section- at first it looked promising a Vodafone log-in screen, “Awesome” I thought, so I logged in and all of a sudden it was asking me to add a subscription for £5 per month.. I thought this was strange as I was already paying for the watch now you’re trying to charge me more for a subscription, I knew it seems to be a mistake so I just glanced at the terms, it seemed normal just about linking them together so it made sense, I went ahead and clicked add subscription knowing that I would just call Vodafone and explain the situation if they tried to charge me more.

Anyway, it shows me a loading screen and I’m simply waiting for it to complete the link between my devices.

After a short while it went to a blank white screen and then... what’s this... I HAVE FAILED A CREDIT CHECK AND I HAVENT BEEN CHARGED?!?!?

So not only did it fail.. Vodafone has performed a credit check, without authorisation just to link it to my existing plan that I was already credit checked on?

Good one Vodafone, will be returning the watch and the device and leaving the network for good, this is the final straw, I’ve had nothing but trouble with you for 7 years and I’ve stuck by you, but you just cannot get anything right first time, EVER.

wondering if anyone else had this happen to them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

Hi everyone,

OP here, I can’t believe this issue is still effecting some people, I get emails almost daily about updates for this, it’s crazy to think it still hasn’t been sorted for everyone.

i can now finally say all of my issues are resolved and everything is working fine, you have to be persistent and contact the directors team, standard help from the tech team does not work.

Contact Nick Jeffries team and hopefully you will get I resolved like I did.

View solution in original position

1,336 REPLIES 1,336

I’ve already filled that form in private msg but nothing happened got no reply my watch still isn’t connecting. It still says NO SIM

After rebooting my phone and watch and going into the watch app's mobile data setting I now briefly see "activating" quickly followed by the original "Set up mobile data" link under the watch app mobile data settings. Clicking it pops the webview where you'd usually login/setup the data plan, except it doesn't load and goes straight back to the "set up mobile data" option again... :Angry_Face::Sad_face: Sigh. You really couldn't make this up....

Of course not being a believer in coincidences this coincides with finally receiving a reply from the forum team. Despite me politely telling them to back the hell off because the director's office are dealing with things, one wonders whether they've also poked around and then broken something further.

So why do't I receive a reply? My watch was working after I made my first official complaint, now its suddenly stopped working for some reason. Apple tell me that you need only to refresh your system at your end and then 90% of these problems will all go away. Why doesn't someone talk to Apple and sort this mess out?

Replied

I did private message thing a week ago all that happened was got a text with code to enter told someone will be contact no one has.

Emailed CEO's office yesterday just come off a call with someone from Directors office, told been escalated to a higher technical team but will be another 7 days. This is to solve the credit check error because hasn't linked to the data plan that was created a week earlier.

Looking at posts it seems that even if they do link watch to new data plan doesn't mean that we be the end of my issues.

Hopefully the positive is that I do not have to call 191 and get to listen to music as the director’s office will manage issue until working

Or is that wish full thinking? 

I've been on hold to the 'Director's Ofiice' for 30 minutes, following them calling me at work.

The hapless individual informs me 'it will probably be another week' - no apology, no offer of credit.

This is insane.

Honestly I have been on to Vodafone for 3.5 weeks now about this. I have spoken to some really stupid people. Been put through to sales, 1st line tech 2nd line tech and 3rd line tech. Everyone but the cleaner. And still it doesn’t work. I had a woman who couldn’t so much as grasp my number. How do they even get past the interview stage. This is so poor of Vodafone I was told by one if I’m not Happy then leave !!! I mean really ! Not one person I spoke to knows what the problem is nor how to fix it. Complete and utter shambles. Vodafone should be fined for misleading information and selling a product that they cannot support. I’m on 3.5 weeks and have been told today it will take up to 3 more days for super tech to come back. Total rubbish. 

I've been through everything the same as everyone else. In my desperation I tried a sim swap last night which they say takes up to 24 hours (God knows why). I have now been waiting 23 hours and still no service. Has anyone else been through this?

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@pato_londres I'm really sorry we've missed you. I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

@Jason32 I'm sorry to hear you've chosen to leave us. If you're looking to return your Apple Watch, please give us a call on 191 and speak to our Returns team. If you decide to stay with us and need any help from our team, please follow the steps I've sent you in a private message.

@BobbyhLeeds Please let us know your reference from when you contacted us following the details we sent you in a private message. We send this in an automated response to your email address and it looks something like this [#12345678].
@truckrider @RobeyJ @truckrider @trayscragg @antuk @jouster @applewatchvfe @morganomalley @SJMehran @willc1000 @anthp @Scottsole @Geoffr It's really disappointing to hear you're all still having problems with this. I understand how frustrating this must be and we'll be happy to take a closer look. I've sent you all a private message with details on how to get in touch with our team. 

@Colleen wrote:

@pato_londres I'm really sorry we've missed you. I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

@Jason32 I'm sorry to hear you've chosen to leave us. If you're looking to return your Apple Watch, please give us a call on 191 and speak to our Returns team. If you decide to stay with us and need any help from our team, please follow the steps I've sent you in a private message.

@BobbyhLeeds Please let us know your reference from when you contacted us following the details we sent you in a private message. We send this in an automated response to your email address and it looks something like this [#12345678].
@truckrider @RobeyJ @truckrider @trayscragg @antuk @jouster @applewatchvfe @morganomalley @SJMehran @willc1000 @anthp @Scottsole @Geoffr It's really disappointing to hear you're all still having problems with this. I understand how frustrating this must be and we'll be happy to take a closer look. I've sent you all a private message with details on how to get in touch with our team. 

theres nothing you can do, ive already been intouch with you guys already and you cant fix it, its with the directors of complaints office, and alledgly level 3 tech support but it bee near enough 3 weeks to be told , they have no fix, how about find out what the issue is? start with that rather than the every so often asking people to message you, where it takes near enough a week to be told the same thing , its a pointless endevour, how about go find whats causing the issue and get it fixed and maybe get an official appolgy sent to all affected customers.

for whatever its worth heres the original Re: EFT195 [#19644294]  thing, go have a look at that.