Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Shocking service shocking

alcr70
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

bought Apple Watch from Apple and first thing which I made was call to 191 to activate it paased the 32 number required  and charged further £7 on top of my phone plan.  I’ve got information about that it will be activated in 24h. When not active phoned back got lies and said my order is stuck in a cue.  Background staff would fix it.  Don't worry watch could accept calls and texts independently with 24 h.  This time passed and got the same story again and a supervisor would now take ownership of this mess.  Watch will be working in 48h.  Thus time passed phoned again and yes same story your order is stuck in the system. Promised again the watch will work independently within 48h.  Thus time passed and yes you guessed it not working.   Lies lies lies.   What is going on here.  Had a look over similar forums and yes you guessed it my story is mirrored Iver and over and over and over again.  After yes I phoned again and promised it's Vodafones fault and they will fix it.   Who's top of the tree in Vodafone UK.  If this was your problem would you accept this from your company. 

How it looks like on my side: “In the Watch app on my iPhone, I press Mobile Data. Vodafone is already there, and it starts 'Activating' it, then brings me to a white page asking me to wait, but this pops up quickly then it just brings me back to the front menu screen on the Watch app, and nothing has happened on my Watch, no cellular.”

Today’s morning I heard “it’s nearly there “two hours” (hooray!). Few minutes ago I called there and I heard something new: “7 days”. 

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

We've seen similar stories to yours recently on this forum @alcr70  and yes I agree it's frustrating i appreciate and is disheartening that customers are being let down.

People have been advised to try the Vodafone Social Media Teams who also have account access to see if they can help.

The official link is 》 Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries.

If this was my situation I'd first want any extra payments i.e the £7 back as credit on my account and if necessary raise an official complaint via 》 Here.

I use a Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch and appreciate how handy and useful they are but in my case my watch is just hooked upto my Note 10+ 5G via Bluetooth.

It works and works well for my wants and needs.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I've been waiting 5 weeks for these incompetent clowns to get my Apple Watch series 5 to work!!! I've been told everything from the 24 hours - 72 hours to even having my contract "upgraded" by £12 so it works! (It didn't). They can't do it and I am beyond even trying anymore, as they have totally given me no confidence in it ever being sorted. One thing is for sure, I won't be paying them a penny for this watch until they can be bothered to activate it. I've made 5 official complaints and no one seems to care. I would cancel my contract, but I am only 12 months in a 24 month iPhone contract and they want £700 for me to leave, which actually might be value for money with this absolute disaster of customer service.