main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

iOS

So the IPhone 12 Launch lies begin!

2: Seeker

So its that time of year again when you order the new IPhone after being sent countless mails and texts the day it's available on Pre order and they tell you order today for delivery on the 23rd (Launch Day). Then as is the case every year you login the day before to check it's been dispatched only get the message saying there is a shortage so expect a 3-4 week wait!!! How year after year do they get away with lying to customers? Last year I gave up after 5 weeks and bought direct from Apple who had loads in stock I guess I should have known better than to think they would have enough stock!!

I am sure the Customer Service Center is doing its training in how to get the user off the phone with more lies as I type. 🙂

View more options
39 REPLIES 39
17: Community Champion

Unfortunately we see this on every iPhone launch @swoody1971 

Vodafone will take Pre orders from customers which does not guarantee an iPhone and then I assume they place orders with Apple in regards to how many units they need to satisfy their orders.

As customers we will then never know what happens with logistics from that point.

When I used iPhone's I preferred to purchase them direct from Apple.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G - SM9860 Snapdragon.

Samsung One Ui 2.5  / Android 10.

View more options
4: Newbie

I had my order cancelled, because I chose the wrong tariff, even though it was the tariff that was recommended... give up on Vodafone... I think they save all the phones for new clients, not existing loyal customers.

View more options

I wish they kept all the phones for new customers! One of our family ordered a iPhone 12 Pro through Vodafone as their first phone contract, and the order shows 2-3 weeks estimated delivery. Our confirmation email shows Friday 23rd as the Delivery date.

View more options

My confirmation mail also said 23rd !  I have 3 accounts with Vodafone 2 are my sons phones the other mine, its there upgrade time this year which is why I get to go through this terrible service every year.

View more options

@thomas15992 Can I ask how you even manage to see this? Being a new customer myself that has also pre-ordered the iPhone 12 Pro with a delivery date of the 23rd of October, I cannot register an account to actually log in without my new Vodafone mobile number that I don’t have! This is a frustrating experience.

View more options

I'm just using the vodafone order tracker here https://www.vodafone.co.uk/webcenter/portal/myvodafone/ordertracker

Enter your order id and it should tell you an estimated time frame

View more options

Thank you!

Are you logged in to see further information? Mine just says order confirmed with no estimate in sight.

View more options

No, no login it all. This just appears under the word "Dispatched" - See attached image.

View more options
16: Advanced member

@Thomas15992

I've ordered the same handset as you last week (iPhone 12 Pro, 256GB, Pacific Blue) direct from Apple. My delivery date is between 3 - 10 November. 

Let's see whose arrives first!

View more options

That’s even more disheartening to see Apple themselves not having orders arrive when they (assumedly) told their customers they would have a release date delivery.

View more options
3: Seeker

Hello ALl,  I am a Brand new customer to Vodaphone and placed my order last night at 11:40pm.  It said when I was making the order that i should get my order on Friday.  I checked my online order via the link above and it says its been dispatched and I should get it for Friday.  I spoke with Live chat who confirmed this.  I ordered the Iphone 12 Blue 64gb version if that helps.

They said DPD will deliver it to me.  MAybe try online chat as they said the website is not fully updating peoples order status.

View more options

I'm sure you'll get yours first! The race however is on!

View more options

They really should do it in order of the received orders i never actually expected to get it for a few weeks but we will see,  until its in my hands anything is possible lol

View more options

I’ve just had an email to say my service is ready, checked tracking again and my order has been dispatched! 

View more options

Still nothing for me, fingers crossed though if there still sending them!

View more options

Hopefully! Shows there’s still time for others. When did you order yours?

View more options

First thing Saturday - iPhone 12 Pro 256GB Pacific Blue

View more options

Last year unfortunately I was one of those waiting for 5/6 weeks until my iPhone 11 Pro delivery. This year I pre ordered iPhone 12pro pacific blue 128gb around 4hrs after pre orders started. Up until around Wednesday my order status changed to just order “confirmed” rather than “order confirmed- pre order” then yesterday I Thursday I received a text stating my phone had been dispatched and to my surprise my phone had just arrived. I truly believe it depends on the phone you ordered and when you ordered it. Just know they are sending them and I’m sure it won’t be long 😊

View more options

Hi I ordered 11 pro max this year I’m waiting for the 12 pro max. Did u do the annual upgrade promise as that’s what I’m doing just wondered if so how did it go? What did they say the procedure was. Thanks in advance 

View more options