Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

So who's upgrading to an iPhone 8?

ssrij
8: Helper
8: Helper

I am interested in upgrading to an iPhone 8 from my iPhone 7 128GB. I'll be buying it outright, but if the price is too high (hopefully won't cross £949), I might just (early) upgrade through Vodafone. I hope it's not a disaster like last year.

6 REPLIES 6

63johnw
17: Community Champion

Hi @ssrij the same seems to happen every year with the iPhone release, there is mass panic about not getting notified/tracker not working/no dpd tracking number etc. etc. Then most people get theirs when they should but some very unhappy customers don't get theirs, good luck if you do decide, if it was me I would probably wait a few weeks after release then order.

jeffkinn

No one ever quite knows what's going to happen with the iPhone. This year the rumour is that there will be three new iPhones - the 7s, 7+s and a higher spec'd more expensive iPhone 8. It'll probably be given a different name as it marks the 10th anniversary of the launch of the original iPhone.

I'd be surprised if the iPhone 8 didn't get close to the £1,000 price mark.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

BandOfBrothers

There's nothing quite like an Apple Keynote to introduce new products and iOS. 

Followed by the hype it causes and I must have it scenario. People camping out weeks / days before its actual release. Inevitable delay.

When I bought iPhone's I also did outright from the Apple store @ssrij

However I opted to sit back and watch the user reviews on YouTube and play with the demo models thus leaving it a good couple of weeks before just walking into the local Apple Store and walk out with one. That way I had the best chance of not buying a lemon ! :Winking_smiley:

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

caluk86
4: Newbie

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I can upgrade to a phone plan from 11th September from Sim only. Been assured no credit check as i already passed one for my Sim only. Currently using an iPhone 6. Really excited for the launch and more details

I wonder how much the phone will cost. Many people are suggesting it will be £949/£969/£999. Vodafone's contract prices are a lot more expensive than others like O2 (they're the cheapest). Vodafone is selling the 7 Plus 256GB for £56 per month with £250 upfront, compared to O2 which is selling it for £52 per month with £9.99 upfront, that difference is pretty big!

But let's see, I'll be buying it outright, that's my 1st option, 2nd would be to negiotiate with Vodafone and see what plan I could get, third would be to simply cancel my contract and go with O2!

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@ssrij I'm hoping to get myself an iPhone 8 - depending what price they come out at! 

My iPhone 7 will do - for now :smileywink: