main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

iOS

Spotify Text Message

2: Seeker

Hi there got my shiny new 5S today and must say its the best thing since the invention of mobile phones. haha. Was told in store that i would receive a text message to set up my SPOTIFY account but havent had any thing through does any body know if there is a delay on these or has it just not been sent is there anybody else in the same situation or am i the only one

View more options
51 REPLIES
4: Newbie

Nothing yet. Would expect it to take up to 48 hours for this type of add on anyway, my local store was processing so many activations/4G upgrades today.

View more options

Yeah i thought as much but they said in store it should come through straight away so i thought id check anyway

View more options

Voda is normally quite quick with processing add-ons etc but I'll be cutting them some slack today, my local store was mobbed. I've already paid for this month's Spotify Premium anyway - I figure going onto a 4G tariff is going to save me money, with the free Spotify and extra data (honest guv).

View more options
10: Established

Got my text message after about 30 mins with an option to select spotify or sky sports.  

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Guys,

If you’ve not had the text through with the link to setup Spotify, you just need to text the word “entertainment” to 97613.

James

View more options
I have upgraded to 4g tariff that included 24 months spotify. When I send the entertainment text I'm only offered the free 30 days then chargeable thereafter. I've been on the tariff for several days. I'm abroad at the moment and would love the spotify access to let me listen to tunes on my phone. Any ideas ?
View more options

Hi James i done what you said as i did not receive the text but ive only been given a 48 hour subscription what do i do after that has finished

View more options

No need to wait for the text message.  It just tells you to go to:

https://offers.vodafone.com/gb

to choose Spotify or sports.

If you go to this page using your mobile on Vodafone, it will pick up your phone number and verify your eligibility.

If you go to this page using your computer on a non-Vodafone Internet connection (e.g. your ISP at home), then it will ask for your phone number and then send a SMS to your phone with a number for you to enter so that it can verify that the phone number you entered is indeed you.

In both cases, it verifies your eligbility and you can then choose which offer you want.

View more options
Hi jman. Done that but the page doesn't give the correct offer. It shows that spotify is chargeable after the first 30 days.
View more options

I've paid for Spotify Premium in the past - so I'm covered until 10th October - can I not add on the Spotify until then? 

View more options

"Done that but the page doesn't give the correct offer. It shows that spotify is chargeable after the first 30 days."

I think you need to ask Vodafone to look into this then.  For me, it gives the correct options.

View more options

"I've paid for Spotify Premium in the past - so I'm covered until 10th October - can I not add on the Spotify until then? "

I have the same issue and it does look like you and me will hve to wait until our existing subscription ends before we can add on the Vodafone one.

It makes sense though - your Spotify is paid up until 10 October; and you can then add your Vodafone Spotify from that point.  If you start it earlier, then your 6-months (or whatever) will expire sooner.

View more options

Hi thespudman

Get in touch here so we can take a closer look at your account.

If you already have a Spotify Premium account you'll need to cancel the subscription (not the account) before signing up with Vodafone .

Thanks

Sukhi

View more options
Thanks Sukhi. I've sent the email. Thanks for looking into this
View more options
It turns out that when I upgraded the 4g add on wasn't put on my account resulting in me being on a 3G tarrif. This has been rectified and the tariff has been changed and the 4g add on is now on my account. I received a text from vodafone stating euro traveler has been removed but the CSR said this would be added straight back to my account. This is not showing on the vodafone app and I still haven't received my spotify text. I'm concerned that as I've already subscribed to spotify that after the first month I'll be billed and as I'm currently abroad in Europe I'm worried about using my phone in case euro traveler hasn't been added correctly. Can I please ask someone from the web team to look at email WRT165 [#11811081] and investigate this to put my mind at rest.

Thanks.
View more options

Hi thespudman,

I can see that we replied to this email yesterday.

If you need us to check anything else, feel free to reply to our email.

Thanks,

Jenny 

View more options
3: Seeker

I seem to be having the same issue as thespudman. I changed to a 4G tariff yesterday. I am to get the text message but following the link i found on this thread and I am getting the 1 month free spotify and it looks like i would be charged after this 1 month free trail. 

Any advice on how to resolve this? 

Cheers

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hi fawnsk

I have sent you the famous private message

Follow the instructions contained and we'll be in touch.

Thanks

Matt

View more options

View more options