main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

iOS

Spotify Text Message

Moderator (Retired)

Hi B19JAD,

We can certainly look into this for you.

See how to get in touch with us here.

Thanks,

Andrew

View more options
2: Seeker

Hi, I successfully registered for Spotify Premium and was happily using it until my phone had a problem and Apple replaced it (2 weeks old). When I log into Spotify now it only has my original free account so I cannot use the music offline.

If I try to go through the secure text verification process again it only offers Sky Sports at 4.99/month, presumably because my account is shown as already having used the offer ?

Help !

Charlie

View more options
3: Seeker

hahaha jenny still waiting like everyone else! fix your systems!

View more options
3: Seeker

sure you are andrew!

View more options
4: Newbie
It's getting a bit frustrating now as it's clearly not and isolated incident. Uninstalling and reinstalling the app makes no difference as it's the spotify account that's paired to vodafone incorrectly and set up to bill the mobile account. CS haven't got a clue and just see the 4g addon and advise you won't be charged but we know this to not be the case. Hope someone can get this sorted once and for all as I'm bored of chasing now.
View more options

Similarly, I have found CS and Tech Support simply "guessing" on how to fix these issues. I have now spoken to 4 different people, rung 191 at least three times when it told me to "hang up and contact us later" and had tech support fail to call me back when they said they would..............basically it is "well let's try this........"

I am currently no waiting till midnight "as that is when our system resets" but I have to say I am not optmistic given the lack of real knowledge in the CS team.

Charlie

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hi charlie4321,

When you created the Spotify account that we offer, did you use the same login ID or was this a brand new account setup?

Did you use the correct details when logging into your free premium subscription?

If you are using the correct logins and still having trouble, we can take a look if you contact us here.

@ thesoudman, Please contact us using the link above so we can take a look.

James

View more options

Hi Sukhi,

I too am getting the same message counting down the hours in Spotify.  It says im in a trial when clearly I have chosen the entertainment pack I want in my package.  I upgraded my phone to 5s end of September but the phone I wanted was out of stock and only arrived at the weekend.  Pre the phone arriving I installed the Spotify on my iphone 4 and I never saw this message when I logged into spotify.  I am now concerned once the "trial" hours are gone I will be charged.  Having read some of the earlier questions raised, it sounds like the account is not set up correctly - please can you advise?

Many thanks

jodiebax80

View more options

Jodiebax80, that is interesting - similar "phone change" issue to me. Currently Vodafone 3rd level tech support are taking up my situation with Spotify, and I am awaiting response.

Charlie

View more options

So......................one week later and not a peep back from tech support, so I made calls 9 and 10 to customer services. In the first one they insisted that if I did the thing I had been advised to do six calls previously (which did not work) all would be fine. I flat out refused so they asked me to hold while they got through to tech support - 15 minutes of hold music and I hang up !

On call ten I decide to take a different route and ask to speak to a supervisor as soon as security had been passed. That was "not possible" so I got a different set of advice (which I had tried without success on call two). I again refused and so was put through to tech support quite quickly (it was 7.30am) and after a bit of discussion they informed me that they "had just received an email" explaining that a number of customers were having this issue and that I needed to wait for it to be resolved.

No timescale was committed for resolution but I would "be fully compensated" for not being able to use the Spotify service since October 16th. I will not hold my breath !

Overall, what is a shame is that I was a pretty happy Vodafone customer until they gave me something free, which has caused a lot of problems and shown up holes in their customer service and above all ability to track a problem with a decent CRM system - what is most frustrating is getting the same advice time after time, when it clearly does not work and not being able to find ANYONE that will own the problem to resolution.

Charlie

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hi charliea4321

Thanks for the update.

Please can you get in touch with us here and we’ll find out what’s taking so long for you?

Thanks

Simon

View more options

I already have an email thread running with the team on here.

They also suggested actions I had taken earlier in the process, so I have asked them for new advice and am waiting for a response.

Charlie

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hi charliea4321,

If you've been in touch via email and you've replied we'll be in contact as soon as we reach it.

Cheers

Ian

View more options
4: Newbie

I have a problem with my 'free' Spotify subscription.

I upgraded to the iPhone 5S and recieved the offer of the free Spotify, which I took up. All set up and working fine.

Had a problem with my iPhone 5S (battery fault) and Apple changed it. Now when I log into my Spotify Premium account I get a 48 hour trial that is counting down.

I have tried Customer Service who said, and I quote "you lost your subscription due to changing the phone"

What a JOKE!

View more options

Hi floatlite

That's odd, can you get in touch here and we'll see if we can reset your Spotify subscription?

Thanks

Sukhi

View more options

Now another two weeks and not a peep !!

Rubbish customer service.......................just wish I was out of contract

Charlie

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hi charliea4321, 

I'll be sending an email across to you shortly. 

Thanks, 

Kay

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hi charliea4321, 

Can you resign up from the offers page and let me know if this is now working? 

Thanks, 

Kay

View more options

I just upgraded my contract to 4G and the offers page simply lists the 30 days free and then £9.99. I should get 12 months free. Can anyone help?

View more options

It is now fixed for me.

Thanks

Charlie

View more options