Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Support for eSIM in the iPhone Xs?

jayguevara
4: Newbie

Hi, 

Anyone know if vodafone will support the eSIM in the new iPhone Xs? I know that vodafone has joined EE in supporting eSIMs in the Apple Watch 4, however there doesn't seem to be any information on whether that is the case with the new iPhone Xs. 

I travel a lot and would make my life so much easier if Vodafone did support the eSIM in the new iPhone Xs! 

310 REPLIES 310

yes but when it come to numbers they will make more profit on more lines than selling handsets 

i think ink its more a technical issue bearing in mind the number of watch owners having issues getting setup

either way going to have to wait or use EE for esim

@searley wrote:

yes but when it come to numbers they will make more profit on more lines than selling handsets 

i think ink its more a technical issue bearing in mind the number of watch owners having issues getting setup

either way going to have to wait or use EE for esim

I agree here. Also it looks like EE have had their fair share of issues with esim. Mainly with Apples implementation. Yes I bought an XS Max and moved to Voda as a cheaper contract compared to EE for esim. But in the forums everyone is complaining on how sms, iMessage, facetime, voicemail are all working for the secondary line. Be it the physical or the esim being the none data line. 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry for any confusion caused. We currently have no confirmed date for the implementation of the eSIM. As soon as we do it'll be announced on our Coming soon page.

That is very interesting. 2 days ago I asked question about esim and I was told to contact Vodafone and they will do all for me. As I'm still awaiting for my iPhone XS delivery from affordablemobiles.co.uk I am not able to check this. Both agents on Live chat admitted that esim for iPhone is working however is not available on My Vodafone as yet. So, can anybody clear that info? I have copy of both chats confirming this. 

catean
10: Established
10: Established

Any good news ?

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @kalius as @Mark mentioned above, we don't have any details on when this will be up and running. We're sorry for any conflicting information you may have been given. 

Why is this taking so long??

We have fairly expensive phones that have Dual Sim capability (although not the normal way dual sim works with 2 sim slots) yet we can't use this facility. Having an unlocked phone means you can keep your vodafone line on the Esim and then your free to chop and change what network UK or foreign you use on the normal sim slot. Had I known it was not going to be available this far after launch of the XS, XR etc I'd have stuck to an android dual sim phone or gone straight to EE who have this facility. Not much use bringing out dual sim capable phones if the networks aren't going to support it quickly.

I agree.  This is ridiculous from Vodafone.  I bought the XS specifically for this purpose as they said Vodafone would support.

Hopefuly when they will release eSIM support, they will do it properly, with support for all plans and pay as you go, and without the need of having a paper QR.

I would happily have a paper QR code if it meant I had the dual sim capabilities.