Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Support for eSIM in the iPhone Xs?

jayguevara
4: Newbie

Hi, 

Anyone know if vodafone will support the eSIM in the new iPhone Xs? I know that vodafone has joined EE in supporting eSIMs in the Apple Watch 4, however there doesn't seem to be any information on whether that is the case with the new iPhone Xs. 

I travel a lot and would make my life so much easier if Vodafone did support the eSIM in the new iPhone Xs! 

310 REPLIES 310

Baz1536 Where did you get this info? Link please? About Dual-SIM data with ios13

@jorodayoffa wrote:

Baz1536 Where did you get this info? Link please? About Dual-SIM data with ios13

One of the many site detailing it

http://www.iphonehacks.com/2019/06/ios-13-enables-dual-sim-support-for-imessage-iphone-xs-xr.html

Mainly info on Macrumors forum of people who have the developer beta.  I normally run this but too much instability - waiting for the Public Beta in a couple of weeks.

Yes but that doesn't mean you will have data on both sim cards. Does it? That's why I wanted the link which provides info that both sims will be data active like Huawei mate 20 pro

Well the time for new iPhones, and iOS13 release is almost upon us. We didn't see Vodafone supporting eSIM's this year, but let's hope that with the release of the new phones and software they start supporting eSIMs. 

I believe they were a year behind EE when it came to supporting eSIM on the Apple watch, so I'm hoping it'll be the same this year round. 

This hd to be an exclusivisty deal that  EE have signed with Apple for Esim.

There’s no other reason no other UK network have managed to support this. I’ve been asking them all on twitter and no one has anything but a stock reply.

Hopefully it comes next week with iOS 13. 

Either that or every other network is completely incompetent 

@Huwflet wrote:

This hd to be an exclusivisty deal that  EE have signed with Apple for Esim.

There’s no other reason no other UK network have managed to support this. I’ve been asking them all on twitter and no one has anything but a stock reply.

Hopefully it comes next week with iOS 13. 

Either that or every other network is completely incompetent 

I'm beginning to think you are right but I can't understand why in the UK this would happen. Doesn't seem this way anywhere else. EE must have paid a fortune for it. 

Yeah it seems strange but I can’t fathom any other reason.

if they all start supporting it at the same time then we will know for sure 

@Huwflet wrote:

Yeah it seems strange but I can’t fathom any other reason.

if they all start supporting it at the same time then we will know for sure 

I think O2 and Voda will join as they already have eSIM technology on the watch. 

3 is a different story. 

Perhaps it's time to try out EE. 

I got tired of waiting and went back to EE. Got a cracking deal out of them too as I still had a data sim with them.