Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Support for eSIM in the iPhone Xs?

jayguevara
4: Newbie

Hi, 

Anyone know if vodafone will support the eSIM in the new iPhone Xs? I know that vodafone has joined EE in supporting eSIMs in the Apple Watch 4, however there doesn't seem to be any information on whether that is the case with the new iPhone Xs. 

I travel a lot and would make my life so much easier if Vodafone did support the eSIM in the new iPhone Xs! 

310 REPLIES 310

So the Apple september event has come and gone, but there doesn't seem to be any new info on whether Vodafone will support eSIM or not. 

Perhaps this info will come out once iOS 13 is released. Fingers crossed.....

I hope so but compete silence from Vodafone doesn’t fill me with any confidence 

@Huwflet wrote:

Interesting,,,,,,

https://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2019/09/o2s-launching-esim-services-for-iphones-and-the-pixel-3/

@baz1536 wrote:

@Huwflet wrote:

Interesting,,,,,,

https://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2019/09/o2s-launching-esim-services-for-iphones-and-the-pixel-3/

This is very interesting. Given me some hope that Vodafone will also support eSIM even though they have been very quiet about it.

Hopefully we might get an update next week as well. 

@Huwflet wrote:

Hopefully we might get an update next week as well. 

don't hold your breath!!!!

I think O2 will release it when ios 3..1 is released on 30th September.

Well I think if Voda don't announce something very soon they could lose a huge share of the preorders for the next iPhone. It's not just EE to compete with on latest technology. O2 were very late to the eSIM party on watch but they have pulled it back bringing it to phone. 

chistery
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Come on Vodafone.....pull your socks up. Even O2 are on board.

I can't use EE as I get no signal at home but O2 works fine so if Vodafone don't bring out eSim soon then I guess I'll be off to when my SIM only plance expires in November.