Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Support for eSIM in the iPhone Xs?

jayguevara
4: Newbie

Hi, 

Anyone know if vodafone will support the eSIM in the new iPhone Xs? I know that vodafone has joined EE in supporting eSIMs in the Apple Watch 4, however there doesn't seem to be any information on whether that is the case with the new iPhone Xs. 

I travel a lot and would make my life so much easier if Vodafone did support the eSIM in the new iPhone Xs! 

310 REPLIES 310

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, we're as excited as you about the option to use an eSIM with our phones and can't wait for this to be released! As soon as we've any updates about this, it'll be announced first our Coming Soon page.

@Mark wrote:

Hi all, we're as excited as you about the option to use an eSIM with our phones and can't wait for this to be released! As soon as we've any updates about this, it'll be announced first our Coming Soon page.

sorry Mark the standard response is wearing a bit thin now. It's been the same for a year. All we want is a timeline so we know whether to stay or leave. We now have a second option which opens it up even mote. It's extremely tempting to leave once O2 release so then I can have work and personal on the same device. 

Yeah that standard response is wearing very thin now.

As is we are working hard with Apple.

If I was was working hard with a provider in work and had failed to deliver a customer request after a year... well I’d probably of been sacked 6 months ago tbh 

@Huwflet wrote:

Yeah that standard response is wearing very thin now.

As is we are working hard with Apple.

If I was was working hard with a provider in work and had failed to deliver a customer request after a year... well I’d probably of been sacked 6 months ago tbh 

completely agree. 

this isn't just the fact they aren't delivering its more that they aren't even giving assurance that a) it will become available and b) an estimation. 

I do not believe this to be anything exclusive. O2 will roll out on 30th September I imagine when iOS 3.1 is released.  I seriously hope when Voda do it they do something special with it like they will email you the QR code rather than going to store. 

Yesterday, a Vodafone suppprt person claimed via the web chat,  that they’ve supported eSIMs for watches and phones for a while already. I pointed her to this thread, to which she replied, “that must be an old thread”. 

Yeah, whatever. 

@JUSTIN_LAWRENCE wrote:

Yesterday, a Vodafone suppprt person claimed via the web chat,  that they’ve supported eSIMs for watches and phones for a while already. I pointed her to this thread, to which she replied, “that must be an old thread”. 

Yeah, whatever. 

It's great that not even their customer service and support staff know the difference between eSIM for Watch and eSIM for phone. I think it has be completely complicated by even mentioning eSIM support for the watch it should just be that the watch has cellular makes no odds how. 

@JUSTIN_LAWRENCE wrote:

Yeah, whatever. 

It is an old thread! :Smiling: About a year old to be precise. And we're still nowhere near getting any answers than we were this time LAST year. 

There's nothing on the coming soon page, so I'd advise not holding your breath. O2 will be rolling out soon and EE have already got it. Time to jump ship soon me thinks.

Instead of messing around changing the My Vodafone give us something that will actually benefit us and make use of the functionality of the devices you sell. 

@seustice wrote:

This looks promising.

https://twitter.com/R_to_the_D/status/1171685988399292416?s=20

Take it with a pinch of salt and bs!!