Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Support for eSIM in the iPhone Xs?

jayguevara
4: Newbie

Hi, 

Anyone know if vodafone will support the eSIM in the new iPhone Xs? I know that vodafone has joined EE in supporting eSIMs in the Apple Watch 4, however there doesn't seem to be any information on whether that is the case with the new iPhone Xs. 

I travel a lot and would make my life so much easier if Vodafone did support the eSIM in the new iPhone Xs! 

310 REPLIES 310

Very confusing reply by Vodafone. Why will he say iPhone 11. Meaning my iPhone XS max won't support esim 

Hmmm. Let’s see. Replied to two tweets asking them to confirm. 

Off to to find some more 😂

@Huwflet wrote:

Hmmm. Let’s see. Replied to two tweets asking them to confirm. 

Off to to find some more 😂

I get the impression not happening.....

chistery
16: Advanced member

It's live on O2 and people have already got an eSIM.

So.... Vodafone?

@chistery wrote:

It's live on O2 and people have already got an eSIM.

So.... Vodafone?

Game changer now. Have you got a link?

chistery

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/eSIM-Now-available-on-O2/m-p/1253235#M31761

O2 is excited to announce that customers can use eSIM technology on the iPhone 11, 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max, as well as the iPhone XS, XS Max, XR and the Google Pixel 3 and 3XL from 19 September 2019.

As if by magic O2 come up with the goods

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/esim?osr=esim

Wow Vodafone! I honestly thought they'd be the second network after EE to support esim seeing that they've supported the esim on the watch since last year. 

I guess this has nothing to do with exclusivity anymore. 

Anyone from Vodafone care to respond? And please no standard canned responses. My browser has refused to open the coming soon page due to multiple refreshes. Hahaha! 

Well it's not an exclusivity clause with EE.

So just a poor show of competence from Vodafone's technical teams... 

Other networks are starting to roll out esim a year after EE, I'd say it probably was an exclusivity deal.

problem we have is Vodafone isn't really concerned. Ok, there are a few of us complaining, few hundred maybe, a couple on this thread have left to go to EE...compared to the amount of people joining Vodafone daily, this is nothing and hardly worth concerning themselves over.

they will catch up and offer esim I'm sure but don't hold breath, they will do it when the time is right for them. Fingers crossed they see it as a way of getting market share of the new handset