Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Support for eSIM in the iPhone Xs?

jayguevara
4: Newbie

Hi, 

Anyone know if vodafone will support the eSIM in the new iPhone Xs? I know that vodafone has joined EE in supporting eSIMs in the Apple Watch 4, however there doesn't seem to be any information on whether that is the case with the new iPhone Xs. 

I travel a lot and would make my life so much easier if Vodafone did support the eSIM in the new iPhone Xs! 

310 REPLIES 310

Believe that when I see it 🙄🙄🙄

@stownrow wrote:

Just got off the Vodafone chat to check how much to terminate my contract early. Apparently, esim is coming mid December with an official announcement soon.... 

Might give it a couple more weeks!

Hmm will kick myself if I pay £600 to leave and then they release December....  maybe I will wait. Did anyone see watchdog this week about mobile operators?  O2 and EE bottom due to their prices!

chistery
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

People seem to think price is the only factor though. I have no doubt that the cheapest network will introduce throttling back on EU data as soon as they are legally allowed to. Call EE and you will get someone from the UK. You get what you pay for. Vodafone seem to sit in the middle of this. They have decent roaming, but poor customer service.  Would people pay more for better service and more investment in newer tech?

@chistery wrote:

People seem to think price is the only factor though. I have no doubt that the cheapest network will introduce throttling back on EU data as soon as they are legally allowed to. Call EE and you will get someone from the UK. You get what you pay for. Vodafone seem to sit in the middle of this. They have decent roaming, but poor customer service.  Would people pay more for better service and more investment in newer tech?

The overall judgement was based on everything from network, speed, customer services, price, etc.

Top was Tesco, although they use O2 network which didnt fair well with network availability their customer service and prices bought them up. Same with Virgin.  Vodafone was in the middle, although they have good network, customer service and price let them down.  I also advancement in tech also lets them down.  EE and O2 came last.  Surprised with EE as they are always at the forefront of technology and net work speed.

@chistery wrote:

For me also the best customer service and network is when you never have to speak to anyone at the company. Customer service to me is everything from having to speak to someone, being able to check your account easily, network coverage, network speed, etc. 

So, I've just got off a live chat on the app, and supposedly it'll be the 20th of October. I mean, I'm still going to take it with a pinch of salt though.

@andrewcroberts wrote:

So, I've just got off a live chat on the app, and supposedly it'll be the 20th of October. I mean, I'm still going to take it with a pinch of salt though.

Announcement or availability?

it would tie in with iOS 3.2 potentially. 

but not holding my breath

@baz1536 wrote:

Not sure. The message I got appeared to imply that it would be announced and go live at the same time:

"The service for the phones goes live on or after 20 Oct, 2019 and all the existing users will get text and email alerts about it."

However, I'm not fond of the phrase 'on or after' in the response I got!

@andrewcroberts wrote:

@baz1536 wrote:

Not sure. The message I got appeared to imply that it would be announced and go live at the same time:

"The service for the phones goes live on or after 20 Oct, 2019 and all the existing users will get text and email alerts about it."

However, I'm not fond of the phrase 'on or after' in the response I got!

Ok I thought i would jump on chat and see what I get told.

So Harshit the Vodafone Customer Services guy said

Harshit: I would like to inform you that Vodafone is working on it to get it available soon and you can see this update on the website also
But, I cannot make any false promises to you
So, I can only say that you can expect it soon from Vodafone

The version of IOS has nothing to do with when Vodafone will support eSIM.