Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Support for eSIM in the iPhone Xs?

jayguevara
4: Newbie

Hi, 

Anyone know if vodafone will support the eSIM in the new iPhone Xs? I know that vodafone has joined EE in supporting eSIMs in the Apple Watch 4, however there doesn't seem to be any information on whether that is the case with the new iPhone Xs. 

I travel a lot and would make my life so much easier if Vodafone did support the eSIM in the new iPhone Xs! 

310 REPLIES 310

Sad but true. Considering how popular something like visual voicemail is ...

Yeah that was supposed to be coming soon too...

If 02 do any deals on sim only soon I might jump ship. 

You know, the thing that irritates me more than anything is the lack of communication. I could totally accept a stupidly late adoption date for eSIM, or a statement saying they have no plans, because it would be upfront. I wouldn't necessarily be happy with it, but at least it would give customers a reasonable expectation of what to expect.

It's the continuous promise of something (including differing information) and an inability to deliver on that promise that gets me most. 

On an aside, I have noticed that the fake "Live  Chat" with a bot now seems to imply other devices than Apple Watch and that speaking to a representative can help you obtain an eSIM (Attached photo). Unfortunately it is late at night and I cannot even humour the suggestion. 

If my cost to exit my contract weren't in the low three figures I'd be gone right now, if not just for the lying, as per my previous promise for October 20th direct from Vodafone support. 

A pity, because I have no real issues with the network other than transparency. 

Although I thought they were closed, I just had this immensely brief conversation. See the attached photo:

I completely agree with what andrewcroberts has said as if you look at the start of this thread Vodafone have been saying the same thing since September 2018 which is just riduculous.  Just admit that you're not going to support it and then we all know where we stand.

While Vodafone are at it, change your website where you list the features on iPhones that shows they have eSims to say that you don't support it so you stop misleading customers which must surely be against ASA rules anyway.

Just called the cancellations department and they thought they could do it, but then mentioned the watch. 😕 

5 days to go till my contract is finished.

PUK code requested and EE e-sim on the way. So disappointed with Vodafone. 😕 

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

@stownrow wrote:

PUK code requested and EE e-sim on the way. So disappointed with Vodafone. 😕 

Can I just ask that you've requested the Pac @stownrow 

A PUK just unlocked a locked sim card after the sim pin is keyed in too many times.

Also on a side note please leave your Direct Debit in place until the final bill has arrived and paid for by direct debit which can take 2-4 weeks,  and then a Sorry your leaving letter and a £0 bill has arrived which confirms cancellation.

I wish you all the best.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Apologies, I meant PAC code. After nearly 15 years with Vodafone I'm sorry to leave. :Sad_face: 

Amazed they haven't sorted this still 🙄🙄🙄