Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Support for eSIM in the iPhone Xs?

jayguevara
4: Newbie

Hi, 

Anyone know if vodafone will support the eSIM in the new iPhone Xs? I know that vodafone has joined EE in supporting eSIMs in the Apple Watch 4, however there doesn't seem to be any information on whether that is the case with the new iPhone Xs. 

I travel a lot and would make my life so much easier if Vodafone did support the eSIM in the new iPhone Xs! 

310 REPLIES 310

@Huwflet wrote:

Amazed they haven't sorted this still 🙄🙄🙄

They are too busy buying parts of Virgin Media to worry about esim. 

So much for its coming in November seriously Vodafone  time to prove you are the best network.  Esim and visual voice mail please. 

I can't see it happening at all this year.

I'm off on holiday in a couple of weeks and when I get back I'm definitely off to O2 who do esims and visual voicemail. My company phone still uses Vodafone so there's no benefit in my waiting any longer. 

Yeah I've moved to 02. Cost a bit more but I can see how much data I'm using (as voxi is broken) and I can use all the features on my phone 

chistery
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Three have announced they'll be launching eSIMs soon, so which UK network does that leave not at the party?

Three is another network I am willing to move to. They have good prices. So Vodafone watch out. Another chick is out of the basket. 

There announcement is very light!!  Pretty much the same as previous responses that they are trialling it.

Looks like the announcement is pretty much a statement to ispreviews saying they will start customer trialling in the next few months, nothing really concrete there.

I also like how a lot of places do actually report that EE, O2 and Vodafone all have esim but just say varying degrees of support.  Yes Vodafone's support is the smallest possible!!!

Literally just swapped mine to esim.

stupid 02 have to post out the pack as the 2 stores I tried were clueless.

nicely set up for not needing to carry 2 phones over Christmas now when I'm WFH 

So i was on the phone to technical help today about this and they said it is in progress and should be rolled out in the new year. Not gonna hold my breath though.