Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Support for eSIM in the iPhone Xs?

jayguevara
4: Newbie

Hi, 

Anyone know if vodafone will support the eSIM in the new iPhone Xs? I know that vodafone has joined EE in supporting eSIMs in the Apple Watch 4, however there doesn't seem to be any information on whether that is the case with the new iPhone Xs. 

I travel a lot and would make my life so much easier if Vodafone did support the eSIM in the new iPhone Xs! 

310 REPLIES 310

So 2019 is almost over and still no word on when Vodafone are going to support eSIM on iPhones. I honestly expected better from them. Contract comes to an end in March, lets hope something comes about by then, if not, then off I go to EE. 

It's a shame that a) it would cost me £400 to leave my contract and b) Vodafone is so good in my area 

why the hell are they having such issues releasing a simple standard that even 3rd world countries are managing to deliver. This is 2020 and the 'leading' network can't get a standard technology out the door. 

@baz1536 wrote:

It's a shame that a) it would cost me £400 to leave my contract and b) Vodafone is so good in my area 

why the hell are they having such issues releasing a simple standard that even 3rd world countries are managing to deliver. This is 2020 and the 'leading' network can't get a standard technology out the door. 

At this point I think it is very much a business decision as opposed to being a technical issue. Why that is the case and what the reason could be, beats me! 

Thank you for your reply. You said, working hard with device manufacturers. What kind of hard working is going on for last 2 years. EE and O2 have done there hard work. So why Vodafone couldn't do it. Please come up with better excuse. 
Hope to get a positive response soon. 

I bit the bullet and paid the remainder of my contract off and Moved to O2. The last i got was definitely on valentines day and you will be 1st to know then changed his mind then said I already had it. Useless customer service from them. 

Now we just need Apple to make visual voicemail work on esim...

well that's what 02 told me anyway 🤣

At least Vodafone are being romantic about it 

Don't hold your breath. I asked our IT manager at work to enquire for personal and corprate use with their Client Acc Manager at Voda.  Apparently end of year (september onwards!)... Although their last update internally on timelines was a couple of months old so could go up or down, but actually it feels to me like they dont have a plan / are fobbing off their own internal teams as much as their personal customers.

I hope to be wrong, but I am afraid there will be no valentine's surprise.

Only have about 6 months with them so will be moving to another network. Shame really as signal in my area is amazing. 

Well finally took the plunge and have left Vodafone. Have and EE esim in my phone with O2 work physical sim. All working well. 
sorry Vodafone that you just couldn’t sort your network out.