Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Support for eSIM in the iPhone Xs?

jayguevara
4: Newbie

Hi, 

Anyone know if vodafone will support the eSIM in the new iPhone Xs? I know that vodafone has joined EE in supporting eSIMs in the Apple Watch 4, however there doesn't seem to be any information on whether that is the case with the new iPhone Xs. 

I travel a lot and would make my life so much easier if Vodafone did support the eSIM in the new iPhone Xs! 

310 REPLIES 310

ESIM arrived on Voda around 17th September and they have done it properly. You get an email with the qr code. 

Yep. I have it working on iPhone XS Max. Had to order a new SIM-only plan and then do a SIM swap on the online account. Was fairly pain-free. Although the guy on the phone that placed the order for the SIM-only plan still said eSIM was only available for the Apple Watch. So still some internal training needed there.

I saw the stuff about Visual Voicemail on the website. Has anyone got that set up and working? I'd be extremely interested to know what's it's like and if it plays nicely with Dual SIM. I am currently using (and paying for) Hullomail which has served me well and it works with my Dual SIM setup too.

I moved over to EE as Voda were not showing any plans of it actually coming.  They then just dropped it from out the blue. If they had given a date I may well have waited. Instead they have lost two contracts. 

on my iPhone XS Max I have EE eSIM and O2 physical sim. Both with Visual Voicemail and both work really well together. 

Don't bother trying to get Visual Voicemail working.

I just wasted an hour of my life I won't get back!

Support cannot help you UNTIL you receive an email or text from Vodafone, telling you Visual Voicemail has been set up for your account and an activation link.

from that point on, it will either work or Support will help you because it should be working!

Robin

visual voice mail does work, just need to get the right operator (took 3 attempts)

I was told you could not get Visual Voicemail until you were sent an invite to use it??????

Did you just call them up?

yes called them

Hmmmm, I tried that a couple of months ago, gave me a complete runaround and then said wait for an invite.

I will give it another go!

Robin

First I did it via online chat, they said they enabled it but it did not work, 

after another couple of phones calls, I pushed it to say that it should be working, but it was not, took a while but they managed to sort it.

also running with Dual sim