main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

iOS

Support for eSIM in the iPhone Xs?

Zeus65
3: Seeker

Sad but true. Considering how popular something like visual voicemail is ...

View more options
Huwflet
4: Newbie

Yeah that was supposed to be coming soon too...

If 02 do any deals on sim only soon I might jump ship. 

View more options
andrewcroberts
2: Seeker

You know, the thing that irritates me more than anything is the lack of communication. I could totally accept a stupidly late adoption date for eSIM, or a statement saying they have no plans, because it would be upfront. I wouldn't necessarily be happy with it, but at least it would give customers a reasonable expectation of what to expect.

It's the continuous promise of something (including differing information) and an inability to deliver on that promise that gets me most. 

On an aside, I have noticed that the fake "Live  Chat" with a bot now seems to imply other devices than Apple Watch and that speaking to a representative can help you obtain an eSIM (Attached photo). Unfortunately it is late at night and I cannot even humour the suggestion. 

If my cost to exit my contract weren't in the low three figures I'd be gone right now, if not just for the lying, as per my previous promise for October 20th direct from Vodafone support. 

A pity, because I have no real issues with the network other than transparency. 

andrewcroberts

Although I thought they were closed, I just had this immensely brief conversation. See the attached photo:

StuBFrost

I completely agree with what andrewcroberts has said as if you look at the start of this thread Vodafone have been saying the same thing since September 2018 which is just riduculous.  Just admit that you're not going to support it and then we all know where we stand.

While Vodafone are at it, change your website where you list the features on iPhones that shows they have eSims to say that you don't support it so you stop misleading customers which must surely be against ASA rules anyway.

View more options
stownrow

Just called the cancellations department and they thought they could do it, but then mentioned the watch. 😕 

5 days to go till my contract is finished.

View more options
stownrow

PUK code requested and EE e-sim on the way. So disappointed with Vodafone. 😕 

View more options
BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

@stownrow wrote:

PUK code requested and EE e-sim on the way. So disappointed with Vodafone. 😕 

Can I just ask that you've requested the Pac @stownrow 

A PUK just unlocked a locked sim card after the sim pin is keyed in too many times.

Also on a side note please leave your Direct Debit in place until the final bill has arrived and paid for by direct debit which can take 2-4 weeks,  and then a Sorry your leaving letter and a £0 bill has arrived which confirms cancellation.

I wish you all the best.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra 256gb Phantom Black.

View more options
stownrow

Apologies, I meant PAC code. After nearly 15 years with Vodafone I'm sorry to leave. :Sad_face: 

View more options
Huwflet

Amazed they haven't sorted this still 🙄🙄🙄

View more options
baz1536

@Huwflet wrote:

Amazed they haven't sorted this still 🙄🙄🙄

They are too busy buying parts of Virgin Media to worry about esim. 

View more options
Zeus65
3: Seeker

So much for its coming in November seriously Vodafone  time to prove you are the best network.  Esim and visual voice mail please. 

View more options
StuBFrost

I can't see it happening at all this year.

I'm off on holiday in a couple of weeks and when I get back I'm definitely off to O2 who do esims and visual voicemail. My company phone still uses Vodafone so there's no benefit in my waiting any longer. 

View more options
Huwflet

Yeah I've moved to 02. Cost a bit more but I can see how much data I'm using (as voxi is broken) and I can use all the features on my phone 

View more options
chistery
16: Advanced member

Three have announced they'll be launching eSIMs soon, so which UK network does that leave not at the party?

View more options
topsy75

Three is another network I am willing to move to. They have good prices. So Vodafone watch out. Another chick is out of the basket. 

View more options
baz1536

There announcement is very light!!  Pretty much the same as previous responses that they are trialling it.

Looks like the announcement is pretty much a statement to ispreviews saying they will start customer trialling in the next few months, nothing really concrete there.

View more options
baz1536

I also like how a lot of places do actually report that EE, O2 and Vodafone all have esim but just say varying degrees of support.  Yes Vodafone's support is the smallest possible!!!

View more options
Huwflet

Literally just swapped mine to esim.

stupid 02 have to post out the pack as the 2 stores I tried were clueless.

nicely set up for not needing to carry 2 phones over Christmas now when I'm WFH 

View more options
Davidbn1970

So i was on the phone to technical help today about this and they said it is in progress and should be rolled out in the new year. Not gonna hold my breath though. 

View more options