Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Swapping Apple Watch??

pshoat
4: Newbie

I have my Apple Watch connected through One Number. If I were to decide to jump the iOS ship, would the One Number still work on a different set up? i.e. if I got a galaxy phone and galaxy watch? 
After swapping sims, would my one number still work...??

11 REPLIES 11

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @pshoat 

If you cancel your iPhone plan you will no longer be able to use data or receive or make calls and texts on your Apple Watch.  If you cancel the plan early there would also be cancellation charges.

You can't use an Apple watch with a Samsung phone, you really need a Samsung watch, the two need to be paired with buetooth and work together.  However, if you use Google, you may  be able to find a way to pair the devices.  It would also be necessary to set up a new One Number account.

See here: Apple Watch and here: One Number 

Thanks for the very ‘bot’ like answer (I have access to the internet and can find that myself) but............. what I want to know is 

If I were to buy a Galaxy Watch and Galaxy phone (for example) and put my SIM card from my iPhone into the Galaxy phone, will the new phone and watch work the same as my current iPhone and Apple Watch?? 

I thought it was a straight forward query in the first place. I guess I must have worded it wrong 🤪

AnnS

Hi @pshoat 

It's not an iphone SIM, it's a Vodafone SIM that can be used in any other phone.. 

Using an Apple watch with a Samsung phone won't work for the reasons mentioned above, but there is no harm trying suggestions from the internet to pair the devices but it's likely there may be some issues (something you are quite capable of working out for yourself of course).

Weird! At no point did I say I wanted to use an Apple Watch with a Samsung phone so no clue where you got that idea from. I wonder if anyone can just answer my question. 

Moving from current position; iPhone and Apple Watch (using Vodafone sim and One Number) 

to; Samsung phone and Galaxy Watch (using same Vodafone sim and same One Number) WILL. IT. WORK??? 

Without drawing a picture (with nice, pretty crayons), I don’t know how much clearer I can be....... 

AnnS

OK @pshoat . 

You are only changing  devices and keeping the  same  contract. There is no  reason  this won't  work.

@pshoat 

I am going to get some clarification on this.

Nice one ☝️ 👍

chistery
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Well, I'm not as sure.

Your physical SIM would work in the Samsung, but the problem is how to get the eSIM moved to the new watch. When you unpair the Apple Watch and select keep data plan, will adding a data plan to the  Samsung Watch be picked up by Vodafone as using an existing plan or not? You might just be able to do an eSIM swap on line in your account with your new watch EID, I don't know.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @pshoat, sorry for the delay here! If you decide to change over to a Samsung phone and Watch with us, this would be a new contract with the same number. Your One Number setup will still be the same, however you may see a different number in your online account for the Watch compared to what's currently showing. This won't affect its connection to your mobile number and we have lots of handy tips on setting up our range of smart watches in our Device Guides. You can also take a peek at all the smart devices/watches we offer on our website.

If you have any further questions, let us know and we'll be happy to help 😊

I need to ask again and be very specific about what will or willl not work. 

Step 1: I go to Samsung and purchase a S20 and a Galaxy Watch. 
Step 2: I take my SIM card out of my iPhone and put it in the S20. 
Step 3: Using the Wearable app I connect the watch. 

Question 1: Will step 3 work with my existing One Number contract if I add the watch to my current One Number contract using the QR code? 

I know step 1 and 2 will work as I’ve done it before and people do it every day but step 3 is a bit of a mystery to me. It seems theoretically it should work but nevertheless my question stands....... 

Thank you