Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Terminating completed contract and PAC code

Arrighi85
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello! I’ll try cut a long story short. 

My 24 month contract is up 6th Oct, I want to transfer my number over to another provider. I contacted Vodafone chat who sent me out my PAC code and said don’t use it before the 6th or you’ll be charged an early termination fee...he stated that when I used the PAC code my contract would disconnect and I would not have to serve 30 days notice.... 

This didn’t sound right to me so I went in store today and was told that regardless, I need to serve 30 days notice. My contract will be fully complete, the full 24 months. The guy in store said cancel the contract now (to start my 30 days) then use the PAC code on the 29th day as I will still need to serve, and pay for, the 30 days. 

Who is right? 

I’ll show you a snippet of the chat. 

THANK YOU!! 

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

If a person intends to leave Vodafone and not want their mobile number then yes 30 days notice is applicable. 

If a person intends to leave Vodafone but want their number to use on another network then ask for the Pac code which remains alive for 30 days and give that Pac code to the new network near as damn it to the contract end date. 30 days notice isn't required as using the Pac code cancels the contract. 

Once your new network uses the Pac code given to them by you this starts the process to end the contract on that day. Vodafone are advised the Pac code has been used and then they will send you a final bill in about 2-4 weeks. 

Do not cancel any direct debit u til you receive a Sorry your Leaving letter and £0 bill. They'll take any final payment and if applicable provide any relevant refunds. 

When-will-I-receive-my-final-bill.

How-do-I-cancel-my-Pay-monthly-contract.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hello and thanks for your quick and detailed reply! 

So bascially if my contract end date is the 6th of October (without me giving 30 days notice) I can use my PAC code on the 7th of October and I will only be billed up until the 7th of October. I will not have to pay for the 30 day notice period. 

Is that correct then? 

Thanks!

BandOfBrothers

There isn’t a 30 day notice period required when using a Pac Code supplied by Vodafone. 

This is why it’s a good idea to use it as close to the Contract end date as possible. 

Once you release the Pac Code to the new Network and they use it that’s the Contract ended. 

Take into account that porting processes does not happen over a weekend. 

Current Phone  >

As you want to take your number with you, you need to ask for a Porting Authorisation Code (PAC) when you tell us you want to leave. You can do this by phone. We’ll then issue a PAC which you’ll need to give to your new network provider to start the moving process. They’ll contact us and arrange the move. The PAC is valid for 30 days – remember to use it in that time or your number won’t be moved and you’ll stay with Vodafone. If you wait too long, you need to ask us for another PAC
You’ll be billed as normal until the date when we disconnect your number. Your final bill will show any refunds and the early exit fee (if you need to pay it). If you pay by Direct Debit,

please don’t cancel this until your final payment has been taken.

From > http://www.vodafone.co.uk/cancel-account/

Current Phone  >

Perfect. Thank you for clearing that up. I’ll use it on the 7th so I don’t get charged an early termination fee - thanks a lot! 

BandOfBrothers

Welcome @Arrighi85

"The Early Termination Fee is the total amount of line rental outstanding for the remainder of the contract, without VAT, and less a 2% rebate.This figure will be calculated on the price prior to any discounts.

If your phone is locked to Vodafone Uk then if you wish to use it on your new Network then unlocking it is free. Just follow the process in > Vodafone unlock-code-request/

Current Phone  >

You’ve been a great help. Thank you