Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Text

glitteralex
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Anyone else having issues sending text messages? Mine haven’t been sending since last Monday and despite numerous ‘chats’ and a store visit, they now reckon it’s a network issue but don’t know how long it will take to sort out. MMS and iMessage are fine as is everything else.

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @glitteralex 

In regards to your normal texts does this happen everywhere you go ?

Does this happen with all your contacts or just certain ones ? - check that you haven't blocked the person and they haven't blocked you.

As a process of elimination can you try your sim card in another phone  ?

If it's an iPhone issue then an Apple Store Genius bar can help or ask Vodafone to send it off for a diagnostic vi a Vodafone Highstreet Store.

If it's the Sim card playing up then a Vodafone Highstreet Store can replace the card via a Sim Swap. Take photo ID.

Vodafone have a couple of tools to use to check if network issues are affecting you @glitteralex 

The first is the Status-checker.

Input your postcode into it and you'll see if an issue exists and it can also advise any near upcoming work.

The second is the Network-issues-initial-checks-and-template.

Copy and paste the template back here with your answers for the team to look over. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi, thank you for all the suggestions! It’s all my numbers and none have blocked me. It is everywhere I go too and the network coverage says there are no issues. The store person tried a different phone as they checked the message settings number. It’s been a few hours short of a week now and only on Saturday, despite so many times of me contacting them it’s now apparently been ‘escalated’ for investigation.

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey @glitteralex, not being able to send these texts sound very frustrating. Here's a few troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Open the Settings app and go to “Message”
  2. Locate the switch for “Send as SMS” and turn this to the ON position (if send as SMS is already on, try turning it off for about 10 seconds and then turn it back on again)
  3. Return to Messages and try sending the text message again

Resetting network settings can be a pain because you lose Wi-Fi passwords and such, it can also be a cure-all solution for many common networking issues with iPhone though; including the inability to send messages. Here’s what to do:

1. Open the Settings app and go to “General”
  2. Choose “Reset” and then select “Reset Network Settings”
  3. Confirm to reset network settings, this will reboot the iPhone

Give those a try and let me know how you get on. If you're still having issues, it might be best for us to check there's nothing at account levels that's stopping these texts from sending.