Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Transfer SMS and Contacts from Android to iPhone 7

yomatuk
2: Seeker

Currently i am using an old Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and the device is not performing well since upgraded to Android 6.0.  So I decided to buy an iPhone 7 from Vodafone and i am wondering if Vodafone offered free tool to help me transfer text messages and contacts to iPhone 7?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

To get the contacts, you will need to export them to a vcard file. There is also the transfer program in the Google Play to transfer information to an iOS device, but I do not believe it will transfer SMS. You would have to try some professional phone transfer program like Mobiledic to transfer messages from Android to iPhone 7/7 plus, it's a fast and easy way to transfer everything from one platform to another.

View solution in original position

9 REPLIES 9

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @yomatuk

To note - The iPhone 7 is due to be discussed in Apples Keynote tonight so hasn't been released yet. 

Apples has a Help piece on this. 

Move from Android to iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Vodafone Highstreet Stores can also help move your information across too which is called Vodafone Redbox. 

Vodafone help information here too. 

How-do-I-transfer-photos-contacts-music-and-videos-from-my-old-phone-to-my-new-phone.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

To get the contacts, you will need to export them to a vcard file. There is also the transfer program in the Google Play to transfer information to an iOS device, but I do not believe it will transfer SMS. You would have to try some professional phone transfer program like Mobiledic to transfer messages from Android to iPhone 7/7 plus, it's a fast and easy way to transfer everything from one platform to another.

Becca_P
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@guoleo

That's great to hear :Smiling:

Let us know how you get on using our RED Box.

Are you looking for options to transfer data ( music, photos, SMS, video, contacts ) from android to iphone .This is possible with the help of Mobile Transfer. Using this application Tool, you can easily transfer data from android to iPhone with a single click.

63johnw

chistery
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

As long as your contacts are stored on your google account...

Sync contacts with your iPhone or iPad

1. Open the Settings app.
  2. Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars and then Add Account and then Google.
  3. Type your email and password. If you use 2-Step verification, use an app password.
  4. Tap Next.
  5. Switch "Contacts" on. If you see a pop-up, choose whether you want to keep or delete existing contacts on your device before you sync Google Contacts.
  6. At the top, tap Save.
  7. To start syncing, open your Contacts app.

Will
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Mobbay

There are a number of apps available to transfer the data from one phone to another but another convenient way is to visit one of our Vodafone UK stores and to ask a member of staff to transfer the data with our RED Box.

HerryPotter888
1: Seeker

Dear

Do you know Doctor Telephone? I always change my old telephone to a new one, so I know a lot of practical data transfer tools, Doctor Telephone is the best one, I alway use it to transfer sms from android to iPhone or transfer contacts Samsung to iPhone, I think you will need it. You just search Doctor Telephone in google, you can find the best anwers

Burden

If you transfer sms with email or google account, you can't restore the texts because the data format is different between Android and iOS. If you want to move your text messages to your new iPhone and want to see them in the Message App like normal, then you'll need tool to help you transfer sms from Android to iPhone 7