Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to connect Vodafone purchased Apple Watch

misterhoughton
4: Newbie

Hi

I have just bought an Apple Watch from Vodafone on the £29pm plan. It's arrived but I've been struggling to get it connected for the past couple of days now.

When I try to activate the cellular plan I just get an error saying that I can't activate it as an order is 'InProgress' and to dial 191. Now 191 don't know why it's saying InProgress, and obviously the Watch has been delivered. 

Has anyone else encountered this? I'm erring to the side of returning it in a couple of days before my 14 day window is up because if Vodafone can't provide the service then I don't want to get trapped in a 2 year contract.

However, if there are any tips on how to get to the right team at Vodafone that would be much appreciated. I feel like I've spent half my life this past week on the phone to 191, and the technology isn't really worth it to me at this point. 

Many thanks in advance. 

11 REPLIES 11

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

There has been a few threads of this nature @misterhoughton 

Best advice is to use customer support on 191 or live Chat or the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks. Unfortunately I've not really got anywhere with 191, and Live Chat tell me that these issues have to be resolved through 191. 

It's good that they acknowledge that my account is stuck on a certain status, so they aren't blaming the watch, but no one seems to know how to progress the issue. 

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Please reach out to our team through the link @BandOfBrothers has provided @misterhoughton if you haven't already. We'll be able to help with your Apple Watch connection once we receive a message with your Community username, a link to your post along with your full name and mobile number.

I haven't managed to get my data plan working yet after 20 days! Vodafone don't care or even try to help. I've called every day and even been on the line for 1 hour and a half! I've had chat sessions countless times and got nowhere. I tried the store and they are the most useless people I've ever encountered. I've made 3 official complaints and just had nothing in response. Disgusting company.

Neither live chat nor 191 could help, and I just got a string of random excuses as to why it wouldn't work, but always with a promise it would be working by the end of the day. It never did. 

I took mine back to the store within 14 days and they were super efficient and helpful. The assistant didn't seem at all surprised that it wouldn't connect!

I think they expect me to go away and use it without the data connection, I won't and will continue to hound them until they can be bothered to sort this out for me. It will be 21 days since I picked up the watch, so my 14 days is up and may well be stuck with a non functioning product. I assume this is against trading standards, selling a product without features they obviously can't fulfill. I've just been on chat with tech team again and he conned me into into turning off my phone and taking out the SIM card.......... guess what, it didn't work.

The 14 days is a cooling off period. If Vodafone are unable to fulfil their service contract then it is nullified.

A store should accept it back on these grounds. Good luck getting through the process! 

I've just checked, I made 33 calls to 191 in 9 days trying to get this to work. That in its self is a absolute disgrace. In total I spent 5 hours on the phone to them in September and got nowhere.

i am not sure how long I've been on 191 since the beginning of October, but I suspect it will be another 10 hours at least.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We're committed to resolving this for you @DaveyCC, So we can help with your Apple Watch connection, please message us on Twitter or Facebook.

By including a link to your post and your Community username in your message, you won't need to repeat yourself and it saves you some time.