main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

iOS

Unable to connect to London Underground wifi using VodafoneWifi

1: Seeker

I recently changed from an iPhone 6s to an iPhone Xs Max and I’m now unable to log onto Vodafone WiFi on the London Underground. I have tried everything. I have reset my settings, had my username and password reset, and when I log onto virgin media WiFi it says I’m a pre-pay customer who doesn’t have a mobile data bundle even though I pay monthly and have 6GB of data. Calling 191 was useless and no help. Please solve this issue for me immediately as it’s extremely frustrating 

View more options
19 REPLIES
2: Seeker

I kid you not. I was about to reply saying i had the same issue however it suddenly today started working. I got my iphone xs max on launch so im guessing maybe after a period of your imei being active on the network it allows you to connect to it.

If it is still not working for you then you can connect to virgin wifi and log in with your vodafone account details

Good luck.

View more options

Haha then today i was travelling to work and it doesnt work anymore. Its back to asking me to log in.

I am amazed that noone at vodafone can help with this. Utterly useless

View more options

It's just useless customer service, and it's not an uncommon problem either. They need to get it sorted. It's an absolute shambles. Also, I tried logging in through Virgin Media Wifi but it states that I don't have an active data bundle and that I'm a pre-pay customer even though I pay monthly and have 6GB of data. SOMEONE HELP ME SOLVE THIS PLEASE!!

View more options

@mahesh277 it's disappointing to hear you're having issues connecting to the London Underground WiFi. Please try the following and let us know if it helps:

1.  Are you trying to connect automatically? If so please ensure you're trying to connect to Vodafone Wi-Fi not Virgin WiFi.
  2. If step 1 isn't working then you'll need to change the settings on your device so that EAP method is set to EAP-AKA or EAP-SIM.

If you're still having problems, I've popped you over a private message with details on how to get in touch with us directly. 

View more options

I am having the same issue on my iPhone XS iOS 12.0.1. Contacted support who only managed to reset my online password and send me network confit instructions to update the web settings myself ... still need the EAP-SIM config I think. Didn’t receive a text saying my settings have been updated following iOS update as I usually do from Vodafone.  Texted WEB... nothing worked. Help!

View more options

Hi @Ejsl514 we're more than happy to help further with your query, so we're able to do so, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch. 

View more options
3: Seeker

Hello. I have had this problem also since upgrading. Vodafone have been absolutely useless in resolving. I’ve contacted customer service multiple times. Every time I told them that under Settings on my phone, I didn’t have a profile. Without the profile, you can’t connect to the network and don’t even get the option to select EAP-SIM authentication. If you’re lucky, that’s the solution they recommend to you which does work for some, but I also got told to use Virgin (which doesn’t auto-connect, rarely works) and wastes time between stops as well as being asked for my postcode so they could check the signal in my area. CLUELESS!

As thought, it’s the missing profile that’s the issue. This website gives you the profile. Follow the link and install. Problem solved!

vodafone,  you really need to train your customer service and technical teams on this. Both myself and my partner had this issue and it’s clearly a common problem. 

www.robk.com/fixing-vodafone-uk-subway-wifi

View more options

Thanks !!! Now it works fine!!!!!

I won't thanks Vodafone though...

View more options

Has anyone worked out how to fix this issue? I recently moved from ee to Vodafone and my phone refuses to connect to Vodafone Wifi, despite it trying. Using an Iphone X and never had a single issue with EE, it's really annoying!

View more options

Solution two posts above

View more options

I tried downloading the profile and that doesn’t work....

View more options

Hmm. It worked for my partner and me. Perhaps try removing and reinstalling? Once you have the profile, try the EAP solution. If you Google it, it should come up 

View more options

Thanks for trying to help! I’ve already removed and reinstalled too, it’s having none of it. I’m on iPhone so I don’t think eap settings are available to be changed (from a google search). 

This is really shouldn’t be so difficult!

View more options

@Nf1978 - We don’t want connecting to the London Underground Wi-Fi, to be a difficult process. We’ll need to access your account and go through a few things. So we can do this, please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message.

View more options
4: Newbie

I am having exactly the same problem moving from iphone 8plus to XR?

Can’t connect to tube wifi via Vodafone wifi.

it asks for id and password but wont connect.

Please help

View more options

I moved from an iPhone X to an iPhone XS, and it initially logged onto the WiFi in the London Underground, and ever since then it has not worked.

Same issues as all other have reported.

It asks for me to log in, and then gives an error message (even although I know 100% the log in details are correct).

I get the same error when selecting either Vodafone WiFi or Virgin Media/Vodafone.

Customer Care have given me the run about, either telling me that Vodafone are no longer supporting it, or that I need to update my settings (that are not user alterable on the iPhone)

Someone please help me, i'm pulling my hair out!

View more options

Have you tried installing the profile from the link above?

View more options

Tried, but no luck.

Frustrating!

View more options

I'm sorry you've been unable to take advantage of our London Underground WiFi service @floatlite and @johneo. So we can take a look into this for you, please contact us as advised in the private message I've sent and we'll be happy to resolve this for you.

View more options