Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to unlock iPhone 5

jmattock
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I hope I can finally get some help here as I'm at my wits end.

About 8 weeks ago I filled out the NUC form with the correct details to unlock my old iPhone 5.

A couple of days later I receieved the email saying the phone has been unlocked and all I need to do is connect to itunes and perform a restore.

I did this and got the message saying Sim not supported.

I rang customer services who said they will escalate this with the NUC Resolutions team.

A few days later I recieved the same email again and performed a restore with the same message 'Sim not supported'

Again I rang customer services and was given the email for NUC resolutions. I mailed them my issue and got a reply a week later saying that according to the system my phone is unlocked and to try a restore. Again I did this and not knowhere.

After mailing back and forth and ring customer services I was given the number for Apple to confirmed the phone is indeed locked to Vodafone and that the request to unlock has to come from the carrier.

Again I mailed the NUC Resolutions team explaining this and a week later received the all too familiar maiul saying that 'according to our systems the phone is unlocked and to perform a restore'.

I've since rang complaints, customer services and mailed the NUC Resolutions team. I've even visited the Apple store who again confirmed it's locked.

I can't seem to make the NUC team understand that I don't care if your system tells you the phone is unlocked the reality is it isn't and they only people that can do anything about it is yourself.

I've been a customer of vodafone for nearly 20 years and thankfully this is the only time I've needed something from them as if this is of the service I'd have been long gone.

Please help!

8 REPLIES 8

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@jmattock I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've had unlocking your device and I do apologies for the length of time which this has taken. 

So we're able to look into this further for you, please contact us using the link in the private message I've sent. 

Thanks for the reply.

I have responded to the private message but haven't had any response back.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jmattock - I’ve searched for your email via the address you’ve registered to the Community with and nothing’s showing.

Please let us know the reference number from the auto reply (it looks like #123456).

If you didn’t fill in the form from the link we sent in the private message  please send us your details by following the steps in this private message.

Thanks for your message, I have replied to the Private Message and hope yuo have recieved it.

Hi

I've still not received any response after filling in the form in the private message.

Can you let me know when I can expect to have contact?

Thanks

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@jmattock I'm unable to find an email in our queue from the email address registered to your Community account. Did you use an alternative address? 
You should have received an automated response with a reference number, which looks something like this: [#12345678] - have you got this? 
If not, it may be best to try and use an alternative web browser, device or email address, to send your message again. Please also ensure you check your spam/junk folder for any replies.

I've now completed the form from the link in the private message for the 3rd time.

This time I used Chrome instead of Internet Explorer.

I haven't received an automated reply.

This is the page I see after sending

Thank you for your email, we'll be in touch

We’ve received your email and we’ll be in touch as soon as possible. 

In the meantime, these pages can answer most questions you may have:

The Vodafone Support section answers hundreds of queries ranging from price plans, using your phone at home and abroad and our exciting range of entertainment packs.

Looking to upgrade your phone?

Our Community lets you discuss the technical aspects of our products, services and the mobile world at large.

If your phone has been lost or stolen please call us straight away on the numbers below for a bar to be placed on your account.

If you're a Pay monthly customer:

John
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@jmattock I'm sorry to hear you're having issues.
Have you checked your junk/ spam folder? The subject header will contain the reference number.
If you're still experiencing issues, please try the following steps:
- Clear your cache and cookies on the device you're using.

- Try a different device.

- Try an alternative email address.

- Manually type your email address into the box when prompted, rather than copy and paste and also include the routing code.

- Ensure your message is under 2500 characters. 

After trying this, please follow the steps provided in the private message.