Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unlock Request - Rejected

xmatt201x
1: Seeker

I have had a 24 month contract with yourselves and i'm currently in my 24th month with you. I have tried several times to get an unlock request but i keep getting an automated email a couple of hours later saying "there's a problem with your request" and it goes on to explain i could be possibly typing in the wrong IMEI number or the details  don't match up. 

I have triple checked the information i am inputting and everything is 100% correct. The only thing i can think thats possibly stopping me from obtaining my unlock number is that my partner had taken out the original contract from yourselves. After 4 weeks, due to certain circumstances i rang Vodafone and changed the whole contract over to myself and all details were changed into my name. Now my thinking is that Apple may still have my partners name attached to this phone in some way shape or form as she was the original owner. 

I have tried using your unlock form with my partners details but that is also rejected. I have called your customer service team several times and i get totally contradictory information. One adviser told me to contact Apple as there was nothing else they could do. So i contacted Apple and they explained to me its Vodafone who have network locked my phone and they are the only people who can take it off. Obviously i have no idea how the process works i just really want my unlock code.

Please help me as i have spoken to at least 5 customer service advisers and 3 live chat advisers, i feel like i'm hitting a brick wall.

1 REPLY 1

Carly
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@xmatt201x

It's a shame to hear that you're having issues unlocking your phone.

We do want to get this all sorted for you, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch. Once you've completed the steps requested, we'll get back to you.