Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unlock iPhone 4 after contract ended

Ew2017
1: Seeker

I used to have a contract with Vodaphone but it ended over a year ago and now I want to get the iPhone unlocked. I’ve tried filling the online form but got an email saying the request didn’t work and was told to contact the nuc team. I emailed them and got a generic email with no answer to my question. I have the old phone number and the IMEI number so why is Vodafone not giving me a NUC? 

4 REPLIES 4

Tommy
4: Newbie

Hello @Ew2017 have you used the Vodafone SIM card in the device recently?

If so and you are still having problems with the unlock form then customer service can process the request for you:

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/contact-us/index.htm

:Smiling:

No, the phone hasn’t been used since the contract ended. 

Hello @Ew2017 thank you for confirming. You will need some recent usage with a Vodafone SIM card or the system may not be able to recognise the device if it has been a long time.

You can either try the online form again after using a Vodafone SIM card in the device for at least 24 hours or see if customer service can process the request without. :Smiling:

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

@Ew2017 Due to the length of time the iPhone hasn’t been used on the Vodafone Uk Network it’s most likely that it’s serial number has dropped off Vodafone systems. 

I suggext the fastest way to extradite an unlock is to pick up a Vodafone Uk Payg SIM card and use it in the iPhone making calls etc for 30 days and then use the new Payg account details. 

An iPhone is not unlocked via inputting an unlock code but instead is unlocked via Apple and their Database.
 Vodafone would email you to confirm it's been requested after accepting your unlock request. (Check Spam Inboxes too)
 Apple then can take occasionally approximately up to 30 days sometimes to complete an unlock request made by a Network.
 Periodically insert an active Non-Vodafone Sim Card in the iPhone and hook up to iTunes.
 From the iPhone 5 onwards there's not normally the need to hook up to iTunes to complete the process.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.