main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

iOS

Upgraded to XS but no confirmation email

Highlighted
3: Seeker

Upgraded at 8am this morning but had no confirmation email other than ‘checking you details and will update soon’. 

Anyone had confirmation with order number?

View more options
29 REPLIES
4: Newbie

I upgraded at 8am too over the phone and also have had no confirmation email.

i did get a text confirming my new tarriff but that’s all

View more options

Upgraded at roughly 10am over the phone (Flexi Upgrade) and had no text or email confirmation whatsoever yet. Live chatted and they confirmed the order was there and processing, and should get confirmation within 24 hours.

Speaking as an ex member of store staff, the system can get pretty bogged down during busy periods, and "orders", which can be anything from a sim change up to an actual upgrade etc, can be slowed down and be stuck in processing for a while, so I think it's likely that due to volumes today for the launch,

If i've not had confirmation by 10am tomorrow though I'm calling back and seeing what's up. I'd recommend the same. We can keep the thread up to date if/when we hear more.

No doubt because of the time and date and enthusiasm at which we're on this subject, we're probably all just dying to see that confirmed delivery date and the thought of having to wait even an extra day is painful ahahahaha.

View more options
17: Community Champion

Have you guys checked any Spam Email folders ?

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Duos.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options
View more options
17: Community Champion

Hi posters

The XS won't be released until the 21st September and you have only preordered to receive the phone on release day.  When the stock and been received and allocated to the preorders, you should receive some communication.   

Vodafone will keep you updated throughout the delivery process with email updates and as soon as stock has been received and ready for delivery on release day, you will receive further confirmation with tracking information.

View more options

Hi AnnS.

As per other posters, some have received "Checking your details" emails and others Tariff change text confirmations.

I have received none of those whatsoever. Any thoughts?

Thank you for your reply though.

View more options
Administrator

Afternoon all 😊 As you can imagine, we're suuuuper busy right now! Don't worry though, you'll be notified as soon as your order starts being processed. If you haven't received anything from us after placing your order and did want some peace of mind, you can always pop a message over on Live Chat or give us a call on 191 - our advisers would be happy to double check everything for you. 

Please do keep this thread up to date with any progress, we'd love to see it 🎉

What model, colour and plan has everyone gone for? Anyone picked up an Apple Watch too? 😋

View more options

XS Max 64gb Gold. Didn’t add the watch as I already  had a huge Flexi Upgrade fee and couldn’t stretch to the watch as well! 😂

Hopefully Vodafone will be as good as last year when they delivered my iPhone X on release day! 

Oh, and I ordered this afternoon with Angela in Upgrades via live chat and received email

confirmation within the hour 

View more options
2: Seeker

Hi all. Just got an email and text with my order number and I ordered at around 9.30 yesterday morning. I ordered an iPhone XS Max - 256GB - Gold.

Anyone else get more comms for Vodafone today?

View more options

Has anyone been able to track their order via the online checker? Ordered around 11 yesterday. Received the confirmation email shortly after. But still unable to track my order? 

View more options

Hi. I think it may take 24 hours or so to show up on the tracker after you’ve got your order number.

View more options

Day and a half later and still nothing for me.

I spoke to the lovely folks at the Twitter team and then a great chap in upgrades who explained that the order, as I thought, had an error on it, and was actually never going to complete due to an issue on my account that needed fixed first...so thanks to that initial upgrade guy for just breezing past that important point and telling me it was all fine. 

It's been escalated apparently so fingers crossed they can work out what's going on and get it sorted. I'm now just waiting on a callback/status update at...some point in the future. No ETA as of yet. 

This is all okay, not the end of the world, but if I somehow miss the first batch which I went out of my way to preorder early on day one to try and guarantee, unlike the X last year which was like a months wait only a week after orders opened, through no fault of my own, I'll be a little grumpy.

Anyway just ranting at the air now so, thanks. That's my update in case anybody else is in the exact same boat as me and has zero communication following an apparent upgrade. 

View more options

Yeah I waited over 24 hours and have been consistently checking to see if it’s updated. I’m not holding out any hope that the order has been processed correctly. I used to work in the store and always had a problem with telesales! Always order issues!  But unfortunately I wanted to pay and esry upgrade fee so I had to do it that way. Anyone else had any updates? 

View more options

I'd you've got a tracking number (and presumably a text to confirm a tariff change) you're likely fine. As pointed out earlier that's more likely to do with stock not yet being available to allocate for the order to progress any further. I imagine you'd see it change on Monday or Tuesday when stock starts to get booked into their WMS.

Stock at voda is handled on a per IMEI basis even for multi channel orders, so it won't start to progress until your actual handset has been scanned in most likely. 

View more options

Ahhh makes sense. 

Question about the tariff change. I think the girl who sold it to me got it wrong. 

I went for the Red plan on IPhone XS Max 64GB. (26gb data) and the advisor said it came with an extra 10GB so would be 36GB in total. Even says so in the text she sent me. 

But upon looking online the wording makes me think it’s just 26GB in total? Therefore I’m going to be missing 10GB as quoted 

View more options

I received the order confirmation email with order number but haven’t received any text message. I’ve always received a text message in the past with a new order

View more options

My order number from my confirmation email is still showing as invalid in the online order tracker. I ordered on Friday afternoon...

View more options

Mine doesn’t either. I went in store to make sure order had been processed correctly and was told the tracker should update once Vodafone have allocated stock 

View more options

At least ya'll have an order to try and track. 

Still stuck with nada 🙃

View more options