Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Use one e-SIM profile both on iPhone and Apple Watch

flespein
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello,

I have an iPhone 12 pro and an Apple Watch Series 6 cellular. I am thinking about switching from SIM to e-SIM, I was wondering if it would be possible to activate my one e-SIM card from Vodafone on both the iPhone and Apple Watch, so when they are apart cinema hd I would get calls from both devices (and only one answer it) or have an option to switch between devices (which one will be the active device for the eSIM).

Has anyone done that?

2 REPLIES 2

MarkD

Hi @flespein, from your post it sounds like you need a OneNumber Connectivity Plan which will allow the Apple Watch to work over our network rather than WiFi. This plan work if you have a physical SIM Card or an eSIM in the handset, you can check out all the information here 🙂

WelshPaul
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@flespein wrote:

Hello,

I have an iPhone 12 pro and an Apple Watch Series 6 cellular. I am thinking about switching from SIM to e-SIM, I was wondering if it would be possible to activate my one e-SIM card from Vodafone on both the iPhone and Apple Watch, so when they are apart I would get calls from both devices (and only one answer it) or have an option to switch between devices (which one will be the active device for the eSIM).

Has anyone done that?

No, not possible. An eSIM can only be activated and used on one device.

If you want to use your watch alongside your phone (same number) then you will need to pay a monthly fee for this (as Mark mentions above).