Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Visual Voicemail - ios 14.7.1 - iphone 6s - setup not working - pay monthly

millera1
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Have been trying on and off for 6 weeks to get visual voicemail working. The setup just does not work. Spoke with two separate support peeps today. On the chat for 90 minutes or so. The first passed me to the second. The second tried lots of stuff. I have it all written down... Fundamentallly the setup just does not work. When I press the voicemail icon in the phone app I only have the usual voice option. The ultimate solution was recommended to do a full factory reset and restore my device. Sorry... But not a chance. I have zero Confidence that 1. The phone would recover itself to its starting config. 2. That this would solve the setup problem. Sounds like desperation to me. Has anybody got this to work?  Any help would be appreciated. 

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @millera1 

I'll add what I know from.the support pages of Vodafone and I apologise if you've tried these already.

Visual-Voicemail. 

For Visual Voicemail to work 

• You’ll need an iPhone 5s or a more recent Apple device
  • You’ll need to be running iOS 12.0 or a more recent version
  • Your mobile data needs to be turned on
  • There are some exclusions based on your plan type (i.e. customers on One Net or Vone-C and NMR, as they use a different voicemail platform)
  • Turn your phone off and on again to activate Visual Voicemail
  • To check that Visual Voicemail is working, leave yourself a test voicemail. 
If your Visual Voicemail isn’t working 
  • Text STATE to 100121, then restart your device
  • Check that voicemail is turned on by calling 121
  • Try turning airplane mode on, wait a moment, then turn it back off again
  • Try restarting your device
  • Try removing Visual Voicemail and then adding it back to your account. Call 12152 to remove it. Finish the call, then call 12151 to reinstall it
  • Make sure you have the correct number in the My Number section in Settings under Phone.

If you've tried the above and Customer Services haven't been able to help on this occasion then perhaps give the Vodafone Social Media Team's a crack at resolving this this you.

Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it. I have tried all of these things and it still does not work. The only outstanding suggestion is to reset network settings. SETTINGS/GENERAL/RESET NETWORK SETTINGS. I have a trip upcoming and don't want to break anything prior to that. I will try it when I return. 

So the strangest thing... This has just started working. I didnt make any changes to my knowledge. Just started working after about 3 days. I can only assume that there is some kind of network element relocation which needs to happen before this jumps into life.