Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Visual Voicemail

Stuarticus
2: Seeker

Is visual voicemail on the cards for roll out?

It still irks me that o2 are the only network to offer this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bobbin
13: Advanced Member
Not planned as of yet i'm afraid

View solution in original position

121 REPLIES 121

jenny-jayne

Despite leaving O2 and moving to vodafone for the 'infamous' signal - it hurts me that I now have NO SIGNAL at my current location. with that - I expect most of my call to forward through to visual voicemail (a surprising necessary service only provided by O2 - Total credit to them and discredit all companies that have done absolutely nothing about this - 

an unbelievable amount of people now have an iphone, with the release of the iphone5  figures continue to increase. Why can't Vodafone keep up with such a simple task. Even so much as to miss out on the bid for the 4G. 

I feel seriously let down by the supposedly leading provider!  

Hi jenny-jayne,

Please try the steps in our Network Troubleshooting thread.

If you are still experiencing the issue having completed these steps, post the template with your answers here and I'll have a member of the team get back to you ASAP.

Thanks

Andy

jaxxman
4: Newbie

I agree that its shocking that Vodafone & the other mobile operators don't have visual voicemail (VV). Having been with O2 since they 1st got the iPhone, i have become very used to VV & after moving to Vodafone for a number of reason i expected (maybe foolishly i should have checked) that VV would be on their network as well. 

I think this guy sums it up when it comes to a lack of innovation / putting customers 1st in the UK mobile space.

http://www.mobileindustryreview.com/2011/01/visual-voicemail-a-super-example-of-britains-lazy-inept-... 

Vodafone need to look at implementing this as a way of increasing customer satisfaction & showing that they are putting innovation & their customers 1st, rather than money, money & money. But hey with 4G coming up, guess who is going to have to pay for the new licence. Us teh customer in the end. 

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

Where else would you expect Vodafone to get the money for 4G if it isn't from customer generated revenue and profits?

Personally, I thought that article made some good points but was shoddily written and very naive in a lot of areas - clearly written by someone who has no idea how to run a business.

Vodafone will not implement VV because there is no need for them to do so and the cost would be prohibitive. O2 at the time must have felt that getting the iPhone would give them a significant first mover advantage, and VV was part of the price to pay for that advantage. The same is happening now with EE and 4G - but these advantages are always temporary as the rest of the market catches up pretty quickly. VV is now freely available to all smart phone users from Hullomail or Libon Voicefeed.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

I'm sorry, but i just dont buy the cost will be prohibitive answer. Vodafone as a whole made circa £7.5 billion last financial year & they have just spent circa £1 billion purchasing Cable & Wireless Worldwide, so its not as if they are short of money. Its likley that they simply can't see a way opf generating revenue from it. Overall customer satisfaction doesnt come in to it as afr as i can tell.

Why should I go to a 3rd party App to have something which is has effectively built in to IOS since day 1 (the ability to have visual voicemail). Technically its not a complex thing to implement, yes it will cost some money. But if they want to give their customers the best service possible, then little things like visual voicemail go a long way to assisting in that. 

JC46

I too was not informed that Vodafone did not offer this service otherwise I may have just stayed with O2.

I recently transferred from O2 for a better signal within our building, we currently use 6 iphones and we found the Visual Voicemail invaluable as a business tool.

When I called to ask how to set up the visual voicemail, I was told that it was not available and there were no plans in the near future for this service.

I wish I had Know. 

I do feel that O2 are missing a trick by not advertising this facility and that Vodafone are living with their heads in the sand if they don't implement this service,  it is streets ahead of the answer phone system that is availabel from Vodafone.

jeffkinn
This comes up every so often. O2 implemented VV as part of their original exclusivity with the iPhone. No other network has done this or is ever likely to do this. There are apps available for both the iPhone and Android handsets that do a very good job. When I had an iPhone I used Libon Voicefeed. Now I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 I use Hullomail.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Chripps
1: Seeker
I moved from O2 to vf without knowing there would be no vvm. The signal is worse and feature set has gone down. Biggest mistake I ever made phone wise. Won't be making the same mistake next time !

jeffkinn
You're the first person to pay on this thread in 7 months. Isn't that indicative of the level of demand?

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Perhaps an indication that people have accepted that Vodafone have no intention of providing the service. A company that has a logo "Power to you" should make more of an effort to provide this service! also this is a Iphone 4s and earlier forum!! this could have something do with it? maybe we should see what the more current users think?

Personally I think users should continue to rally behind getting it...