Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Visual Voicemail

Stuarticus
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Is visual voicemail on the cards for roll out?

It still irks me that o2 are the only network to offer this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bobbin
13: Advanced Member
Not planned as of yet i'm afraid

View solution in original position

121 REPLIES 121

Does EE now provide VVM now as standard? I thought I heard that they might be doing it. 

Yes EE provide as standard using iOS feature, no need to use 3rd party app and enter security PINs into 3rd party apps - especially given recent phone 'hacking' headlines.
Funny then how they're developing technology to block WhatsApp to force use of SMS, yet justify lack of VVM by pointing to 3rd party. Double standards

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

No double standards in anyway. Where did you hear that anyone is trying to block whatsapp? That isn't happening. What is taking place is networks developing an alternative to whatsapp/imessage etc trying to keep their customers within  the Vodafone stable of products.

What's wrong with entering pin numbers into 3rd party app? 

In case, there's any doubt, I'm a customer just like you with no connection to vodafone.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

You said "The networks are introducing something called Rich Communication Services to stop people using whatsapp/BBM etc"

What about the integrity of the 3rd party? If their systems are compromised it's yet another exposure of your personal information. What's so wrong with utilising standard features baked into iOS directly through the network provider whom you have a contract with? Who are Hullomail and what are they doing with my info?
A company size of Vodafone has ISO standards etc for data integrity, if compromised it would be headline news, if Hullomail had data breach it wouldn't even make tech sites. You may be happy putting PINs into 3rd parties but that's your own risk which others shouldn't be forced to do.

jeffkinn

When I said stop I meant in as stopping them from using whatsapp etc as Vodafone has it's own product that does the same thing. 

Do you think that iOS is so safe? Are you using iMessage? Do you know what Apple is doing with your data? Have you not read about the recent breaches of iCloud security?

Hullomail is a UK company and therefore subject to UK legislation. I'm personally happy using their services as much as I am a faceless behemoth in Cupertino who have proved that they cannot keep my data safe.

And for the avoidance of doubt of course I'd like Vodafone to offer VV as standard but it's absence wouldn't be enough to make me move networks.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

"I'd like Vodafone to offer VV as standard but it's absence wouldn't be enough to make me move networks."

I agree, alone it wouldn't be enough for me either, but it was a contributing factor.

Briefclient
3: Seeker
Jeffkinn

Thanks for your reply. It could have saved me a lot of aggravation.

The store told me they have no cooling of period for phones with Vodafone as the service provider. They do for O2.

Due to your post, I have just checked their website. Sadly, what the store told me is correct. So I have to take the more awkward route of arguing my legal rights.

jeffkinn
I assume from that you bought at a third party dealer like carphone warehouse. Their lack of a cooling off period is one of the reasons why I'd always deal directly with the network. In store purchases from Vodafone carry the same cooling off period as online orders. You should also be aware that dealers are principals and not agents and any grievance you have is with them and not Vodafone. If you try and cancel a valid contract without paying the associated termination penalty you will be in breach of contract, default on a valid debt and the associated ramifications for your credit rating will head in your direction.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Briefclient
Jeffkinn

Yes, I did. Oddly, they DO have a cooling of period for phones bought in-store but only if with O2. That, at least, may help anyone reading this who wants to take their O2 phone back but thinks they have no cooling off period as they bought it in-store.

Thanks for the tips. I am aware of them (e.g. one is 'Privity of Contract') but I am grateful that you have taken the time to point them out because they are critical.

The store refused a refund so I complained to the company. I am surprised how receptive they have been so far (though that means nothing in itself). If the response is negative, I will send them a Letter Before Claim. After that, I will issue a claim via MCOL. It is a shame - no one wants to go to court.

woodstock17
4: Newbie

Now that we have Phone 6S, does anyone know if there finally any plans to introduce Visual Voicemail?