Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Visual Voicemail

Stuarticus
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Is visual voicemail on the cards for roll out?

It still irks me that o2 are the only network to offer this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bobbin
13: Advanced Member
Not planned as of yet i'm afraid

View solution in original position

121 REPLIES 121

Guys and Ladies,

I just had a throught since the iphone 3gs is now free on £26 per month,  the take up might be a bit better,  so you never know we might get it still  but have to wait for at least 9 months before we know that.

Talos

funny thing is VF voicemail platform is pretty much the best in business and supports visual vm but VF is not keen to turn the switch on ... i see economics in play here

I recently switched from O2 to vodafone and I must say Visual VoiceMail is a feature I really miss.  I hate the vodafone voicemail, having to navigate annoying menus just so I can delete a message.  So pointless.

I had no idea I would be losing that function as I took it for granted it would just be there.

I'd definitely switch back to O2 for this alone.

I just switched from O2 to Vodaphone so that I could get a home femto cell.  We have poor coverage from all the carriers where I live.

Visual Voicemail doesn't work AARRRGGGGHHHH.  

This is the most used telephony feature on my phone.  I use it more than text, more than making calls!!  As a long time iPhone user I simply didn't think a fundamental feature like this would not be available.  At least i only signed up for a 12 month contract.  Despite getting better voice coverage thanks to teh femto cell i am getting worse coverage out and about.  I was in Wells high street yesterday and had no data coverage at all.  I will be switching back to O2 if Vodaphone can't offer better iPhone support by the end of my contract.

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

While I cetainly appreciate the benefits of visual voicemail, all of which I get from On Voicefeed, I am intrigued by the notion that it can be the most important feature of the phone.You would rather have VV than be able to make and receive calls at home using a Sure Signal?

You use VV more than text or making calls? That means that all you do is wait for people to call you, don't answer and then use VV to listen to their message? 

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

It's the same with Orange. Orange France offer vvm but Orange UK don't.

I was told a few years ago that it cost O2 a lot to introduce VVM for iPhone, and that they didn't do this by choice. In other words Apple made it a condition of their 2 year exclusive deal. I guess it was the same for Orange France.

I agree!

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's still really disappointing this isn't supported.

I really don't want to leave Vodafone but Vodafone are absolutely horrendous for getting on board with new features.

It's not even like other networks rush to it and Vodafone is waiting to get it right. Take VoLTE for example - both EE and Three have implemented this now.

The only good thing I was happy about with Vodafone was WiFi Calling but even that was half baked because it's designed to support both Calls and SMS over WiFi which Vodafone for whatever reason does not support.

Carly
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Anonymous

This is isn't something we have on our network at the moment, however we'll take your feedback on board.

I totally agree -  Pretty much all other providers have this, and Vodafone still has 1990's tech for Voicemail.   

We pay a premium for Vodafone, and would expect simple, but useful features like these that are par for the course for other carriers..