Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Visual Voicemail

Stuarticus
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Is visual voicemail on the cards for roll out?

It still irks me that o2 are the only network to offer this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bobbin
13: Advanced Member
Not planned as of yet i'm afraid

View solution in original position

121 REPLIES 121

bullett007
4: Newbie
Dear VF,

When is Visual Voicemail coming to the network?

Fanx.

That is a question that has been asked for quite some time and I hate to say but I am sure I have read elsewhere that there is no plans for this to come to Vodafone. I could be wrong and would love to be proven but I think just now the only network providing this is O2.
iPhone 5
iPhone 5s tbc
iPad 2 and 4

Visual Voiemail is indeed only available on the O2 network.  As far as I'm aware none of the other networks have any plans to start offering it either.

I'm aware that it's network dependant and O2 put the effort in when they were the exclusive network in the UK, but VF has had what, the iPhone 4 and now the 4s and still haven't done anything about it?

Clearly it's not a deal-breaker but a disappointing if that's the case for the "UK's Most dependable network" or what ever the latest slogan is.

Hi bullett007

We still don't have any plans as far as we're aware to introduce Visual Voicemail on the iPhone through our network.

There are 3rd party apps available in the App Store free to download that provide a similar service.

Thanks

Simon

Hi.

This is all news to me - I have been an O2 iPhone customer since the original iPhone launch in 2007.

I just signed up for the new iPhone 4s.

No where did it inform me that features that are built into the phone are not useable - namely Visual Voicemail and Merge Calls - two features I use all the time.

I am very disappointed to hear Vodaphone do not support this feature - it is a back end carrier feature and you should be supporting it.

Any apps in the app store will not carry out anything like visual voice mail from the phone's number. This feature needs carrier support - as mentioned on stage by Steve Jobs in 2007.

Come on - get a grip here... this is 2011.

I think my stay with vodaphone will be short...

Whilst on the subject - if your subsiduary in another coutnry can implement it in 2009 - why can't you here in the UK?

Very disappointed at this half-baked support for the most basic of features iPhone users should expect from ther carrier - heck we pay enough as it is..

Nabs
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

@stevemcd wrote:

Whilst on the subject - if your subsiduary in another coutnry can implement it in 2009 - why can't you here in the UK?

Very disappointed at this half-baked support for the most basic of features iPhone users should expect from ther carrier - heck we pay enough as it is..

Since this feature is unique to iPhone and since the iPhone will count as a minority of users on the Vodafone network it would therefore not make financial sense to implement something on a few would use. The only reason O2 support it is because it would have been a condition of their exclusivity.

Bobbin
13: Advanced Member
Why should Vodafone support it????????

They have stated, as have other providers, they don't see the value in adding this service as it isn't in enough demand.

Just because a phone manufacturer has the ability to do something does no way emphasize the necessity for a network to offer the ability to use this function. It has been well known for a while now that O2 are the only network that offer this. No where on any other providers website is there a mention of Visual Voice-mail, and like anything, if you are unsure, it is on you to check you are getting what you are expecting.

There is nothing hidden here, it is quite simple, it is not advertised so therefore is not available.

chrisdeeming1
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member
Nabs makes an excellent point.

Consider where the iPhone was when it came over to the UK. O2 had a carrier exclusive deal for a year? Two years?

Apple simply would not have allowed their product to launch on a network who couldn't support one of its features.

Probably to the point where Apple may have even funded O2 to upgrade their systems.

So I'm probably with VF on this one. Which is rare, to be honest!

I've seen the Visual Voicemail feature on o2 and yeah it's quite good but I can live without it.