Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Visual Voicemal

Jamlaw123
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Have a new iPhone XR, and new to Vodafone.

is anyone able to tell if visual voicemail works with Vodafone and of so, how to get it working?

10 REPLIES 10

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Jamlaw123

Visual voicemail is due to launch mid August.

There have also been some previous threads enquiring about the service, these should come up from the forum search facility. 

Hopefully hear a definite launch date very soon. 

thank for the input When you say mid-aug. We are in mid-aug and mine does not work, despite following the advice on the various threads.

BandOfBrothers

Hi @Jamlaw123 

This is a recent thread that suggested the provisional roll out was 12/8/19 > iOS/Visual-Voicemail-July-2019.

Perhaps use Live Chat or call 191 and they'll officially clarify.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Jamlaw123 

Where a new service is concerned, the roll out is always later than expected. The service has to be thoroughly tested and tested again to make sure it is fully working on the network.

When the service is ready for launch to the customer, there should be something to the effect on the forum.

The tech teams seem to  think it should be working and have offered the instructions on the vodafone website (which do not work).  Which goes against the gradual roll-out as suggested above.

just on chat with someone now, who is telling I should have received a text.

all poorly communicated really.  I am new to Vodafone from O2 and this is a load is a load of [Removed] to be honest

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove inappropriate content, please see Community Guidelines]

AnnS

Quite agree @Jamlaw123 

It has been poorly communicated, there is the official link on the website so it should be available to the customer.

The Team on the forum will definitely get to the thread and give you an official answer.

Just had a call back.  I was initially given the guidance of following the Visual Voicemail instructions on the webiste...this did not work.

I have now been told that the rollout has not been successful and is being worked on.  No date as yet.

That is fine, I wish it was communicated properly!

After vague promises to be up and running by October of last year, Vodafone started telling customers the real date would be 12 August 2019. It came and went. Too technically challenging. EE and O2 have been making it work for years, as have most Australian carriers (including Vodafone AU, btw) and nearly all carriers in the US. As of late August, Vodafone tech support were saying it should be live the first week of September 2019. The current line is “on or around 10 September,” We'll see. Once it’s it’s available to all iOS users, we should see an update at https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204040 -- Apple's official carrier feature support page.

So, I called Vodafone today to see if there was any update.  The latest is that Visual Voicemail is due to go live on the 7 October..... but let's just wait and see.....