main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

iOS

VoLTE for iPhones

4: Newbie

Hi there, I’ve seen lots of posts about Vodafone’s VoLTE service for the iPhone, but there are still no dates, does anyone have any idea roughly when it’s coming. Contract is up for renewal soon so will have to bring my iPhone 7 across to o2. Thanks

View more options
123 REPLIES
17: Community Champion

Hi @Scooty997 still no full roll out dates from Vodafone yet, they still seem to be testing it with limited handsets in a few areas, probably trying to make sure no faults are there before a larger roll out.

View more options

I do find it amazing that Vodafone do not support ANY iphone yet for 4G calling considering all of the other networks do, why is Vodafone falling so far behind on this?

View more options

All being well Iphone 6S onwards will have VOLTE enabled in early January, The actual network is ready and amount of coverage is excellent.

As there are so many I phones on the network there has had to be a few things changed on the network before VOLTE could be rolled out and is a lot more difficult project to do compared to when EE and O2 did it for their customers.

View more options

VOLTE for IPhones should be in January and is waiting for some of the O2 controlled areas to be updated to allow more capacity on the network then IPhones will be enabled 

View more options

Please let us know how you know this information.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View more options

Hi,

I agree, is there any official communication about this? I find it weird too that a network like Vodafone is not able yet to provide VoLTE service in UK and it's the only one!

View more options

If Vodafone have not enabled VoLTE support on iphones by around May 18 I will happily jump ship to EE.

View more options

@daleski75 You can keep up to date with this on our Coming Soon page.

Any updates will be posted there 😊

View more options

Uno [Removed] Now is early January. Do not give false info to others. Just updated to IOS 11.2.2 and stil no VOLTE.

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove inappropriate content please see Community Guidelines]

View more options

@Colleen wrote:

@daleski75 You can keep up to date with this on our Coming Soon page.

Any updates will be posted there 😊

Colleen, it is January 2018 now. My contract is up in April, will wee see VoLTE in the next couple of months? If not I will have to jump ship to EE or o2

View more options

@Scooty997 - We don’t want to see you leave us! Please keep a look out via our Vodafone Social Blog for any update on this. 

There’s no news on when or if VoLTE will be compatible with our Apple phones at the moment.

View more options

I can confirm no matter what I will be leaving in April if there is no VoLTE by then.

View more options

I'm interested in understanding why VoLTE is so important to you on the assumption that everything else (signal etc) is ok.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View more options
11: Established

For me, 4G is really great where I live, but if my phone drops to 3G it's almost unusable.

View more options

@jeffkinn wrote:

I'm interested in understanding why VoLTE is so important to you on the assumption that everything else (signal etc) is ok.

Not that it’s really relevant, 4G Calling (VoLTE) is important to me because I often tether my phone to my laptop when working out and about, on trains, busses, at cafes. However when I get a work call, the 4G drops to 3G and in many locations the 3G is so slow it’s unusable so I cannot do emails/work whilst I’m on a phone call. Yes, free Wi-fi is available in a lot of places but everyone here knows how it can be temperamental and insecure.

View more options

I agree Vodafone should not be asking why you want VoLTE calling on the iphone and the question from them struck me as being a bit odd as well.

Keep checking on my iPhone 10 for 4g calling but I think I will be retired by the time Vodafone get around to turning it on for everyone.

They are the only network who for some reason have not supported the iPhone since day one for VoLTE calls and instead support a very small selection of android phones, does this show Vodafone do not have confidence in their network to enable it for all iphones as they cannot cope?

View more options

@daleski75 wrote:

I agree Vodafone should not be asking why you want VoLTE calling on the iphone and the question from them struck me as being a bit odd as well.

I'm not Vodafone but a customer just like everyone else. I personally see no reason to stress about VoLTEand I'm interested in why other fellow customers are so insistent on it.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View more options

Just because it''s not important to you does not mean that it's not important to anyone else.

View more options
11: Established

I'd be interested to know why you think VoLTE isn't really needed and not  necessary despite many customers wanting it.

View more options