main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

iOS

VoLTE for iPhones

2: Seeker

Hi there, I’ve seen lots of posts about Vodafone’s VoLTE service for the iPhone, but there are still no dates, does anyone have any idea roughly when it’s coming. Contract is up for renewal soon so will have to bring my iPhone 7 across to o2. Thanks

View more options
6 REPLIES
17: Community Champion

Hi @Scooty997 still no full roll out dates from Vodafone yet, they still seem to be testing it with limited handsets in a few areas, probably trying to make sure no faults are there before a larger roll out.

View more options

I do find it amazing that Vodafone do not support ANY iphone yet for 4G calling considering all of the other networks do, why is Vodafone falling so far behind on this?

View more options
4: Newbie

All being well Iphone 6S onwards will have VOLTE enabled in early January, The actual network is ready and amount of coverage is excellent.

As there are so many I phones on the network there has had to be a few things changed on the network before VOLTE could be rolled out and is a lot more difficult project to do compared to when EE and O2 did it for their customers.

View more options
4: Newbie

VOLTE for IPhones should be in January and is waiting for some of the O2 controlled areas to be updated to allow more capacity on the network then IPhones will be enabled 

View more options
17: Community Champion

Please let us know how you know this information.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View more options

Hi,

I agree, is there any official communication about this? I find it weird too that a network like Vodafone is not able yet to provide VoLTE service in UK and it's the only one!

View more options