Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone IME Blocking Rules

5-Tani
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi There I bought iphone 7+ from ny friend it was a contract phone and after two months it has been Unlocked by vodaphone and now my friend told me that he stop voda payments and they block his sim i kust wanna know will they block my phone or not???bec my friend said they don't block the phoen plz help me ....Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,

Not really great behaviour from your friend here but thats between them, Vodafone and their lack of concern over their credit score.

Vodafone won't block the handset basically because they have no reason to. The price of it is factored into the monthly amout that your friend plans to default on so it part of the total that ultimately a debt collection agency is going to chase.

I can't see the logic in destroying a credit file for an iPhone 7 but hey ho. 

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

63johnw
17: Community Champion

Hi @5-Tani provided you are not using his sim in the phone it should not be blocked, his sim will be blocked so he can no longer make calls etc.

If he reports the phone as lost or stolen then the IMEI/phone could be blocked meaning it can't be used.

BandOfBrothers

Hi @5-Tani

Ultimately is up to Vodafone wether they decide just to block your friends sim card or block the phone too. 

Its rare for a Network to block a phone due to non payment of bills but they can as even though its now unlocked they'll still have its imei number on their systems. 

As mentioned the usual reason for the networks to block a phone is because the original owner has requested this as a report of a lost or stolen phone has been made for insurance claims etc. 

Youll know if it does get blocked as the network name will be replaced by something like No Service. 

If this does happen then even though youve paid for the phone you personally would not be able to have it lifted. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi,

Not really great behaviour from your friend here but thats between them, Vodafone and their lack of concern over their credit score.

Vodafone won't block the handset basically because they have no reason to. The price of it is factored into the monthly amout that your friend plans to default on so it part of the total that ultimately a debt collection agency is going to chase.

I can't see the logic in destroying a credit file for an iPhone 7 but hey ho.