Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Onenet Wifi Calling

WSR2015
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello,

We signed up to Vodafone onenet 2yrs ago as it was the only provider at the time of virtual landline numbers.

We have just upgraded the handset to an Iphone6s on the assumption that we could use the wifi calling feature as the coverage in our home is patchy to say the least.

After trying to activate wifi calling unsucessfully I called vodafone customer care to find that Onenet doesn't support wifi calling!!!!!!! They offered to change our tarriff at the loss of our landline that we have spent in excess of £3000 advertising over the last two years or just have to accept that we cannot use this feature!!!!!

WHY would you offer a funtion like this on some tarriffs but not others?

WHY don't business customers receive the best service available? (We only employ people making them able to spend their hard earned money on a mobile service that is better than the there empoyers).

WHY is this not available on all tariffs???? It uses a wifi service that Vodafone aren't having to support!!!!

If anyone can provide some insight as to the answer of any of these questions it would be much appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Calling Over WiFi is available to Business Customers who fulfil the following criteria > business/solutions/mobile-voice-and-data/vodafone-wi-fi-calling.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)

@WSR2015 I'm really sorry to hear about the inconvenience this has caused and completely understand your frustration. 

Our Wi-Fi calling is available on:

• Red Extra and Red Entertainment plans, Business Smart Solution Plans (Business Value). Red, Red Bundle and Red Value, Red Sharer and Business Advance or one of our latest Public Sector Price Plans.

I'm sorry if this wasn't made clear to you when you upgraded your plan. I appreciate that you don't want to change your tariff from the One Net Business plan and lose your virtual land line number. So we can investigate further for you, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

I think one of our Sure Signal devices would be the best option for you, to keep your current tariff and boost your signal at home.

Thank you for your reply.

I have been offered a sure signal device by someone on customer services and I have the same opinion as many other customers on the forum about them.

why should I have to pay £70 for the privilege of signal in an area we were told by the sales team we already had signal? Even then it will be using up data on our internet feed that we also have to pay extra for! Sorry that feels like a kick in the teeth. Supply me a sure signal device foc and I will suck it in so far as my data usage is concerned!?

TJ

@WSR2015 When you contacted us via the form sent in the private message, we'll have sent you a reference number - its'll look something like this [#1234567].

Please could you confirm this back to me so I can chase this up with the team, I'll be more than happy to look into the options available for you. 

WRT165

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@WSR2015 I can confirm we've received your query and it's with our dedicated team. 

They'll be in touch as soon as possible to assist you further with your Wi-Fi Calling query 🙂