cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone and iphone 6 - intermittent issue with 'No Service' that can only be fixed by a restart.

djc1986
2: Seeker
Hello, there is a problem with the iPhone 6 that periodically (more than once a day) the phones switches to 'no service' and this can only be fixed by restarting the phone or removing and replacing the sim. Apple initially thought this was a hardware issue so have replaced my phone. No change. I have also replaced my sim. No change. I have wiped my whole phone so it has no apps, Apple or 3rd party, no change. Turns out I'm not the only person having this problem:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6579476?start=15&tstart=0

It would appear its a problem with the interaction between Vodafone, 4g and the iPhone 6.

How will this be resolved?

Thanks,

Dan
40 REPLIES 40

sarahc1986
4: Newbie
My sister got her iPhone 6 on Wednesday and has tole me she's had the same problems. Although I'm on 4G with a 5s and very regularly have 'No Service'

Hi @djc1986 @sarahc1986

Does this happen at the same location and time every day?

If so, please follow our network troubleshooting guide to resolve the issue.

Thanks

Rodney

djc1986
Hi Rodney,

No, it doesn't. It is totally random. Please see Apple thread I posted above.

Thanks,

Dan

radiatingeyes
1: Seeker

I have this exact same problem with iPhone 6 on Vodafone in the Brighton area....

I have same issue, also in Brighton.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@FalconRime So we can take a closer look into this for you, please follow our Network Troubleshooting thread.

If you're still experiencing the issue after completing these steps, post the template with your answers in our Network thread and I'll have a member of the team get back to you as soon as possible.

WendellB
I have the same problem. The store I use just wants to sell me a sure signal. But that doesn't help when I am away from home. I'm ready to give up this service and switch to EE. I've had the worst service with this company than anywhere else in the world I've been.

Hogatron
Hi, have been having the same problem over the last few days, random places and times.
Rang customer services and was told to turn the phone off and on again!
I hope there is a more serious solution.....

Hi everyone,

At present, as far as we’re aware, there isn’t any issue between Vodafone and Apple.

Please ensure your phone is up to date with the latest software.

You can also take your phone to your nearest Vodafone or Apple store, to be checked.

Thanks,

Sarah