Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone app issue

petebarlow
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Vodafone App drop down menu displays two phone numbers a correct one and then underneath +44 7777 123457 which is nothing to do with my account - any idea why? 

8 REPLIES 8

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion
I see that as well. It's clearly a generic display and not an account specific one. Although it's off I don't believe it's anything to worry about.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

owenrees
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Vodafone "customer service" do not know anything about it. When asked they suggested resetting the app, changing account password and seemed lost when neither had any effect. To me this is another example of incompetence from an organisation with the power to drain your bank account. Less than a month to end of contract when I can finally scrape the mess that is Vodafone off my shoes.

Hi owenrees 

I have just sent you a Private Message for further help with this. 

Louise

Why post that to me? No answer over my problem

Thanks for the offer but the mysterious +44 7777 123457 is obviously appearing for several people so it would be better to give the answer to everybody. Where I work, the response to that kind of report on a community support forum would be something in public like "Thanks for the report, I have reported this to the relevant development team under ticket number xxxxxxxx." That would also mean that your customer support people could search open tickets for the relevant phrase and say it is a known bug being worked on rather than wasting your customers' time with a lot of irrelevant nonsense.

Hi owenrees

I'm afraid members of staff working the Vodafone forum page do not have direct account access due to data protection and security.

Please follow our advice in the Private Message and we'll look into this further from there.

Thanks, 

Louise 

v60fan
1: Seeker
Can you please provide the tip to me via private message also? I phoned support and they do not know how to solve.

shannie23uk
1: Seeker
Could I get an answer as to why the number also shows up