Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone can't unlock my phone

MDL
4: Newbie

Hi - can anyone help me?

I bought an iphone 5 on contract in September (ish) 2012.

The phone developed a fault and it was swapped by Apple in about March 2013 - i've been trying to get it network unlocked so i can sell it but am having trouble as i don't think voda can find my phone - 

Can anyone help? Thanks

26 REPLIES 26

63johnw
17: Community Champion

Hi, when this has come up before the customer has been advised that they have to get apple to contact Vodafone and give them the imei so your records can be updated then you can apply for the unlock.

kind of like asking the pope to contact the queen?!

Why wouldn't vodafone be able to unlock a phone that is locked to vodafone?

I've tried phoning apple and they're asking for me to give them £25 before they'll speak to me

I also have an email from Apple from when they exchanged the phone.

It's not stolen, i'm not a thief (i know you weren't saying that) and i have owned the phone from new - not a lot i can add really

I have the same problem, I have contacted apple who have contacted vodafone.  The same cusotmer service agent spent 2 days calling vodafone and basically said that everyone he spoke to was useless and didnt know what they were talking about, i heard this for myseld as i had a conference call with apple and a vodafone customer service agent.  I have even been into a store to get this resolved an no one there can help.  The imei number vodaofne have on record is not what is one my phone and no one seems to be able to update it. I have filled out the unlcok form online 3 times and i jsut get the same email back saying i have given the imei number wrong which is not the case, this is my imei number 013420001563159, i have not made any mistakes, can someone please message me my unlock code.

BandOfBrothers
Hi TrentFlash

Unfortunately none from here will be able to supply you an unlocking code from the forum as we are all fellow customers like you.

You will need to persevere with Vodaphone Customer Services by phone I'd suggest in your case, in order to try and get the IMEI Issue resolved.

It may be productive to visit your most local Vodaphone HighStreet Store for them to check your phone and be able to confirm the actual IMEI number in order to speak to the Department(s) themselves.

I wish you luck with this.

😎

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

jeffkinn

@TrentFlash wrote:

can someone please message me my unlock code.

Hasn't anyone yet told you that iPhones don't have unlock codes?

You have to put the new sim card in the phone and Apple and iOS does the rest.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201328

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Not sure if I am replying correctly to PM but no communication received.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@ianco - I’m sorry the link didn’t work. I’ve sent another PM this afternoon with the link.

Please follow the steps and complete the fields, so we can look into this further.