main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

iOS

Vodafone have stripped me of Wi-fi calling on iPhone 6

Highlighted
2: Seeker

Tonight I lost my Wi-fi calling on my iPhone 6, I’ve had it for last 6mths thay said it’s only on the iPhone 7 our >, my contract is for £12.50/ mth, I’m rural our got crap signal which ever. SS box made it bearable message says “to allow Wi-fi calling on this account contact Vodafone uk” usually slide button goes green & im in now I get the message above, so all you lot out there that have never had it on your iPhone 6 have been ##~## like me tonight as like I say I’ve been using it for last 6mths I will be terminating my contract if it’s not returned back to me, I hate Vodafone!!!!!!!!

View more options
14 REPLIES
17: Community Champion

Hi @Keebo57

Appreciate your upset at this situation and venting however if your not at the end of the contract term then if you cancel you will be presented with an Early Termination Fee. 

In regards to Calling Over WiFi if you've had this feature on an iPhone 6 then thats been the exception to the norm. 

As per How-Do-I-set-up-Wi-Fi-Calling-on-an-iPhone.

The models of iphone that qualify for the service are the...

iPhone 6S

iPhone 6S Plus

Im not sure how far you will get Demanding to have a Network feature returned to a model of iPhone that shouodnt have had it in the first place. 

It wouldnt harm trying to set it up again by texting calling to 97888, and checking if its still turned On in your myvodafone but there is no guarantee. 

IMG_1084.JPG

View more options

Moving on it’s now 07.49

(I attacked Vodafone from 21.00 to 01.30 yesterday) was fobbed of with the 7 & > & the see Vodafone store cos it’s my 6 that has a problem eh they said 6 doesn’t do WC 😜 anyway Wi-fi calling is now back on slider switch is showing  green “on” I defo have a iPhone 6 has mi lad has a 6s & he takes the ##~## not tried it yet cos I’m to near mi router 

View more options

Just read your reply re “if you cancel you will be presented with an Early Termination Fee.”

when I renewed my contract it was personal done with an manager /second in command as I was having loads of trouble with reception having moved house I persisted with bad reception for 3mths & renewed cos was persuade by manager with SS box & £12.50/mth special deal to renew which I did so when I get trouble from Vodafone it’s them that are not honnering there side of the bargain so if I terminate my contract I won’t pay a cancellation fee Vodafone will pay my cancellation fee cos I don’t want to leave but have been forced to leave cos I’m not getting what I’m  paying for

listen if you can’t do someone a good turn don’t do them a bad one regards ps 07.50 Wi-fi calling is still showing as “on”

View more options
17: Community Champion

Hi @Keebo57

As long as Vodafone UK are providing a signal somewhere then they are fulfilling their obligations. Their terms-and-conditions. clarify coverage. 

I note you mention you moved home - when im discussing that particular subject with someone I suggest to check signal and data speeds at the new property too. 

My advice regarding the Early Termination Fee stands.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

IMG_1084.JPG

View more options

Eh we both new reception was poor where I moved too why didn’t you say we can’t proving a readnable service and there for can’t renew your contract..

why is everything my fault I pay my bill the second you ask me to..?

View more options

Just successfully made a Wi-fi call on my iPhone 6, so everything is ok back to normal time is 12.25 well done Vodafone.

View more options

@Keebo57 I'm glad to hear that your Wi-Fi Calling is now working for you. 

If we can assist with anything else in the future, please don't hesitate to pop back on this thread and we'll be happy to help.

View more options

I am now suddenly experiencing the same problem - have been on hold for 52 minutes - I really need wifi calling - not sure what to do - I have had it for the past year or so and now it is turned off - if I try to switch the option to turn off it says contact vodfone - HELP please

View more options

I don’t do on hold for more than 2-3 mins anybody anytime.. Defo not 52 mins hang up & phone em back, my Wi-fi is still on so I’m not going to make waves cos they can easily turn it back off. They phoned me back twice the day after to see if everything was ok, although it was for someone else’s problem twice.. was an American guy,  good lad we had crack about it.

View more options

All sorted - I hope! fingers crossed and thank you 

View more options

Could you please help me get Wifi calling on an iPhone 6 Plus

View more options

Hi @Clue, I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your WiFi Calling.

Please follow the instructions from our website here.

Let us know how you get on.

View more options

iphone 6 plus, Red Tariff. No wifi calling. Why? I am quite upset.

View more options

Any other major network and I my iPhone 6 Plus would work with WiFI calling. O2, Three, EE. I only got a contract to get WiFi Calling. No Visual Voicemail either. So sad. Cannot recommend Vodafone. I had better service with EE PAYG and it was cheaper. 

View more options