Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone not working correctly on iOS 13 Beta 2

PeterRuth
2: Seeker

I am on the new iOS 13 beta 2 (build 17A5508m), and I noticed a couple of bugs and things that don't work with the Vodafone UK 36.5.5 firmware. The mobile data page is not displaying at all, the 4G sign up in the status bar now says LTE, and the phone doesn't recognise my number with iMessage and FaceTime. I would like to say that this happens to all my friends using Vodafone, and when I put another carrier SIM card into my phone everything works perfectly, so this is something Vodafone needs to update ASAP.. 

30 REPLIES 30

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

@PeterRuth 

Apart from carrier updates Vodafone have no direct control over iOS.

Beta is exactly what it means....

i.e. an iOS that isn't fully finished and thus can have bugs and clashes with networks services.

If your part of the iOS Beta Programme then you can send your feedback to Apple for them to take into consideration and hopefully patch the bugs you've found when they send out the next Beta update.

Hopefully when Apple are ready to send out the Golden Master update i.e. finished iOS all will be fine.

When I used iPhones I would always suggest to a person not to use Beta iOS on their daily driver as issues like this can occur.

It's best to use Beta iOS on a back up iPhone. 

Vodafone can't intervene here.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Exactly what I was talking about - vodafone should issue a carrier update 

I don't think you can blame Vodafone as what you are using is the developers Beta as the public beta is not available to next month.  Even then they are not going to give carrier updates until the full release in September.  If you use a beta you have to roll with the issues that are present.

BandOfBrothers

@PeterRuth wrote:

Exactly what I was talking about - vodafone should issue a carrier update 

Carrier updates are sent out where and when needed but not in conjunction to a Beta iOS. 

Beta is unstable at the best of times and is known to break either features of the phone or cause some network issues. 

That's why it's best not to use a beta on a daily driver phone. 

Its your choice to use a Beta.

Either send a bug report to Apple or consider rolling back to the latest full.build iOS option. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

mrtugboat

Hi mate,

did you manage to get a fix for this? I’ve got the same problem and before anyone starts going “‘its A beta what do you expect” I know 🐵 I still would like to use my phone as it’s stopping my iMessage working as I can’t see any of the carrier settings.

I have the same issue. I spent ages trying to work out was wrong, didn't consider that it might be carrier specific.

Let me know if anyone finds any work arounds!

Anyone on Beta 3 know if this is resolved?   When I look at Mobile Data I don't see an option anymore to turn 4G on or off.   Calls seem to come through when the network is dropped to 3g and not when it is 4g (or LTE as it likes to call itself).

I now have developer beta 3 and the issue appears to remain the same. Not sure why there aren't more people mentioning this problem.

I've gone back to iOS 12 until this is resolved - not worth the hassle....

@splashradar wrote:

I now have developer beta 3 and the issue appears to remain the same. Not sure why there aren't more people mentioning this problem.