Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone not working correctly on iOS 13 Beta 2

PeterRuth
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I am on the new iOS 13 beta 2 (build 17A5508m), and I noticed a couple of bugs and things that don't work with the Vodafone UK 36.5.5 firmware. The mobile data page is not displaying at all, the 4G sign up in the status bar now says LTE, and the phone doesn't recognise my number with iMessage and FaceTime. I would like to say that this happens to all my friends using Vodafone, and when I put another carrier SIM card into my phone everything works perfectly, so this is something Vodafone needs to update ASAP.. 

30 REPLIES 30

That's really cognitive information to know about such a indomitable and concrete stuffs. I stolidly respect that effort and hope to keep the good work as same as always. Thank you for being so workaholic, it has server us the way we want. Indeed , grateful to you.

peejay1977
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

As per others comments, same experience for me on iOS 13 Developer Beta 3. I have gone back to 12.4 Beta 5 in the meantime as I'm off to Malta on the weekend and cannot risk not being able to toggle roaming data as the settings are missing. 

For me this issue also prevents iMessage from registering my phone number and while I can receive a regular SMS I cannot send one.

I have the same issue here I have tested in the same handset with another sim from another network and that works fine.

what is strange is my personal Vodafone device has an earlier version of the carrier settings and isn't offered an update either

donnyguy
16: Advanced member

Just to add to this one. 

It's definitely a strange one. 

For me, the vodafone UK sim has been working fine in a ios 13 beta device.

However if I put a vodafone GR sim card in, I get the same problems you describe:

1. Can't unlock the sim with the sim pin

2. Can't access the Mobile Data menu (it's blank)

3. 4G is displayed as LTE

4. Can't activate facetime or iMessage

So makes me think it's definitely an iOS bug rather than carrier. 

For info, my phone has: vf GR 36.5.4 as the network info on the sim not working and then vodafone UK 36.5.5 on the one that does.

Hopefully Beta 4 will fix it.

Or at least it'll be affecting enough people to make it an issue.

For me the VF UK device is working perfectly with Mobile data, i just cant manage any settings for it.

I sent a report back to Apple about it as well as posting on here too

Exactly the same has happened to me with a vodafone GR SIM card.

No SIM activation, cellular tab blank, 4G showing as LTE.

Reverted back to 12.3.1.

donnyguy

I'm going to Greece in a couple of weeks time so going to see if there's a further beta update that fixes this ahead of time.

Costas23
1: Seeker

Same goes for Vodafone GR, no Settings, no usual options in Phone section, also Car play freezes and Siri doesn't work on car play ( not the case with other carrier, example Cosmote). Maybe Vodafone can update its settings based on what we all notice and comparing them with other carriers

donnyguy

I'm glad you guys have confirmed that you're too having problems with vf GR.

I actually had considered it was my sim card and was going to pass by a store when I got to Greece to get a new sim. 

At least now I know it's a network issue.

I did a search in Greek expecting to find threads on it and didn't. 

Funny thing though, first time I noticed that Vodafone didn't work while Cosmote did, I went to a Vodafone shop and installed a sales person sim in my phone- everything worked just fine, thus I bought a new sim replacing my ( thinking it was outdated) so did the sales person think. But after installed ( activation took hours due to Vodafone general  system problem, same problem with new VOD sim as well as with other Vodafone sims I have. Strange isn't it?