Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone sim card

Panagiotis
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have a Greek Vodafone SIM card. If I buy a Vodafone British iPhone 7, it will work with the Greek SIM card 

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

No. 

If the iPhone is locked to the Vodafone UK Network it will not accept your Greek sim card. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you for your answer. What can I do to unlock to accept the Greek Vodafone SIM card? And how much will cost this?

BandOfBrothers

Hi.

Its free to unlock the phone but unfortunatley you do not fulfil the criteria to unlock the iPhone.

You would need to ask the original owner to unlock it. 

The only other way via Vodafone UK is for you to be in the UK and use a Vodafone payg sim card in the iPhone making calls etc for at least 30 days and then you request its unlock. 

Or send it to someone you know in the UK and they use a Vodafone payg sim card in it for 30 days and request its unlock and send it back to you. 

Or try a highstreet store who advertises they unlock iPhone's. 

Or sell it on and use one that takes your particular networks sim card. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Panagiotis, Have you tried the steps that @BandOfBrothers has suggested?

Please let us know.

donnyguy
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hey Panagioti, 

Where did you buy the iPhone 7 from? If you're still in contact with the seller / original owner then they can get it unlocked for you for free. 

The process is easy. They enter their information on this form and Vodafone do the rest: https://www.vodafone.co.uk/vodafone-uk/forms/unlock-code-request/

I literally submitted a request last week and it took less than 24 hours.