Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Voicemail issues

Geko356
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, hopefully someone can help me.? I’ve been with Vodafone for about a month and am using an iPhone ES. I have yet to receive a direct call. All my incoming calls seem to go straight to voicemail despite me constantly re-seething the voicemail option. If I turn my voicemail off completely the phone becomes completely unobtainable/uncontactable I can’t seem to get hold of anyone to talk to. The Vodaphone tech support seems non existent. I can’t even get online support as it just keeps crashing. I am really disappointed with the service so far. Please, can someone tell me who I need to contact and how I contact them?

Thank you.

18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Geko356 How odd! Do the people calling you get any error messages at all? I'd recommend popping our social media team a message here so that we can run some more troubleshooting with you.

Thanks Jack but they will only ever get my voicemail or, if I switch voicemail off altogether, nothing. No ringtone just silence. I spoke to the Tech team this morning who got me to run a couple of commands to deactivate my voicemail but they couldn’t solve it. All they did was pass me from one team to another. In the end I spoke to four different people over a 90min phone conversation. The last person I spoke to was not in the tech team but was really sympathetic and tried to help as much as possible. He’s sending me a new Sim Card.  I did read on here a person with a similar problem found that was down to a porting issue?

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Geko356 Thanks for updating us - please let us know how you get on when you receive your new SIM. If you find you're getting the same issues with receiving calls, please drop us a message through the link @Anonymous has provided and we'll get to the bottom of this for you 👍 If you reach out to us through Social Media, please include your Community username and a link to your post from here, and you won't need to write your query out again. 

donnyguy
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Did you port a number in with you by any chance? Could it be related to a number port issue?

I had a work phone that was with Vodafone and wanted to keep my phone number, so I guess it was ported across to a new sim?

Thanks @Tash,

unfortunately, I’ve still not received the replacement SIM, so unable to see if it’s solved the problem.  Who do I need to contact to chase this up or seek another replacement.? 

This may seem simple and straight forward request to you but as a Vodafone customer it’s driving me nuts as I can’t seem to get hold of anyone that can provide this service?

Thanks.

I am having the exact same issue. I have a new SE (only 2 weeks old) and all my incoming calls from numbers outside my contacts list are going straight to VM. I have spent hours on the phone with Apple support but they can not find an issue and suggested I get in touch with Vodafone. This is driving me crazy too... can someone from Vodafone help to resolve the issue? My old SE did not have this problem.

Hi,

Very sorry to hear you have the same issue. I’ve spent several hour talking to Vodafone and they still haven’t got a solution.  I was promised a new SIM card last Thursday but nothing has arrived. I wouldn’t mind if I could talk to someone about it but it takes days. I’ve been booking  tech team appointments but they have to ring my home number as my mobile just goes to voicemail.

Try closing your voicemail altogether with 1210 and then ring your mobile to see what happens?

I really hope someone from tech support can help us with this problem? At the moment all I want to do is move to another provider!

Four more appointments with the tech team and still no resolution to my voicemail problems. I’ve been promised several new SIM cards to see if that solves the issue but none have yet to arrive. I was promised that the porting team would also try to solve the problem and that my phone might need reactivation. Guess what I’m still waiting! I have another appointment booked tomorrow morning but the lack of action on Vodafone’s part is just staggering. Rarely have I experienced such bad customer service form a major company of this size. My only remaining option is to cancel my contract and move to another provider that is able to provide a working  and contactable mobile phone.