cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

What is the escalation for Iphone on locking. I have waited more than 3 months now to have 6 phones

sharkyvibe
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

unlocked.

I am helpless and getting no help from the broker I buy my phones through

I am at my wits end as I do not see this EVER being resolved

If you are going to tell me I am on the wrong forum then WHERE SHOULD I BE !!!

The phones are paid for and I have a right to move to anyone at the end of my contract ?

Vodafone are NOT allowing that right

If you want to talk offline message me back here and I will talk. I just need SOMEONE to talk to who can get this sorted.

Service is really disgusting so far. After years of service we DON'T deserve this !

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @sharkyvibe

Vodafone UK contact Apple once they accept the unlock-code-request form filled out by the account holder and the criteria has been met. 

Have you filled out the unlocking form ?

Vodafone UK email the owner advising the unlock request has been accepted. It's not unlocked at this stage. Check your spam email inboxes too please.

Once Vodafone contact Apple then Apple can sometimes take approximately up to 30 days to release the iPhone from its Database.

Periodically inserting a non Vodafone active SIM card in the iPhone and if the phone is older than an iPhone 5 then hook up to iTunes will complete the unlock.

I note you mention that you have liased with your "Broker".

May i ask who this is ?

I ask because sometimes an independant does not fully update the Network on the phones serial and Imei number when opening up the contract which can cause issues if then the owner wants it unlocked as those details need to show on Vodafones systems. 

Some info in >

How-do-I-unlock-my-phone-or-tablet-to-use-on-another-network.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Do you want me to share this on here or would you rather contact me offline. To my belief the broker have continually tried to work with Vodafone, but despite chasing the phones are still not unlocked

My role here is not to ruin someone's business but just to get 6 phones unlocked

How do I do THAT ?

These requests we made in LATE October. How is that 30 days ?

Do you work for Vodafone, can you solve me issue ?

BandOfBrothers

Up to 30 days is approximately how long it can typically take for Apple to unlock an IPhone if the request is accepted and requested by Vodafone to Apple. Thats the context 30 days falls in. 

No I do not work for Vodafone. 

I replied as your posting on an open vodafone Uk community forum where customers help fellow customers. 

We do have a Vodafone Social Media Team here who read all posts and help where they can with Pay Monthly and Payg Accounts. They have the Vodafone Logo next go their names. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

ecasira
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

:Sad_face: 

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I'm sorry to see the trouble you've been having when requesting for your unlock codes and that this has been ongoing @sharkyvibe.

So we can help, I've sent you a private message with details to contact our team.

We'll then be in touch to discuss this further.

I have seen the DM and replied - but still no response ? What happens now ?

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

@sharkyvibe I've checked our emails and can't find anything for the email address that you've provided on the Community forum.

If you've completed the form included in the private message sent by @Tash, we'll have sent you a reference number - it'll look something like this [#1234567] Could you confirm if you've had this. If so please provide us with it and we'll chase up your query.