cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

What was your positive/somewhat positive experience and how do you like your new iPhone 6/6+?

SkylineLvr
8: Helper
8: Helper

I'm not trying to start a thread to upset those that haven't received their orders yet.  I truly feel bad for everyone that has been lied to.  I also feel bad that I have received my iPhone before others who may have pre ordered the exact same phone before I did.  Please don't take offence to this thread.  I hope you all receive your phones soon as I think after you have it for a while, you're anger will slowly dissipate and you will love the new iPhone.

I wanted to start this thread to hear about some of the positive experiences, but mostly to hear what everyone who has received their new iPhones loves or hates about them.

I suppose I'll start.  The only bad experience I had was actually doing the pre order online.  I originally pre ordered at 9:20 a.m. online (128GB iPhone 6 Plus in Space Grey) as that was the time I was finally able to get through.  I didn't receive a confirmation email, so I started to browse the forums.  It appears that this was common among early pre orders and a mod actually suggested pre ordering again.  My second pre order was done at 2:30 p.m. and immediatly my plan changed and I no longer had an available upgrade on my account.  I figured that since my second order was so late I was sure to not be getting a phone on launch.  20 min later I got my confirmation email and the wait began.  I was glued to the forum and during the week noticed a lot of people getting updates through the tracker.  I was stuck on 2 for pretty much the entire week.  Then on Thursday my tracker updated to 3 during the afternoon.  Later that night, my tracker finalized and I got my tracking info for DPD.  

I then realized that DPD can't deliver to me because I live on an RAF installation.  I call DPD the next morning and had them leave my work number with driver so he can call me when he's close to the gate.  I've done this before with DPD and never had an issue.  The tracker updates and states that I will receive my parcel between 1201 and 1301.  The morning couldn't go any slower.  Finally around 12:30 the tracker updates to the couldn't deliver message.  (Remvoed in line with House Rules)  I called DPD and the note was sent to the driver, but he didn't receive it in time.  I'm thinking to myself that he might have tried calling my cellphone, but I sold my iPhone 5 to cover the costs of the upgrade and didn't have a cellphone all week.  I then arrange to pick up the parcel from the depot later that day.  Parcel pick up hours are 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.  It's only about 27 miles to the depot so I figured it wont be an issue.  I load up the address in my wifes iPod and also in the GPS in the car.  Since the built in GPS hasn't been updated since 2004, it's not able to take the complete address.  I get what I think is close enough and begin my trip at about 6:00 p.m.  I did not think that traffic on the A11 would be so bad, but boy was I wrong.  As soon as I get on the A11 it's at a complete crawl.  Long story short, I finally get to dept at 7:26 p.m.  As soon as I get in, there is a queue of about 10 people and just about all of them were waiting on their iPhones, lol.

I waited until I got home to open up the package.  The first thing I noticed was the size.  It looked pretty big.  I was worried reading all the reviews online and everyone seemed to be exaggerating on how giant the 6 Plus was.  I was worried about regretting getting the Plus and wanting to get the smaller one instead.  But then I held it in my hand and I honestly don't think it's too big.  It felt perfect for me.  Very natural holding it.  I don't have giant hands, but I suppose they are larger than average.  I can't reach the top of the screen like I could on my iPhone 5, but that's not an issue for me.  I have another hand to help with that.  The screen is absolutely gorgeous.  It might not be on the same level as what the Note 4 will be, but I still think it's amazing.  I can't believe I used a 4" screen for the past 2 years.  I don't see myself going back to a smaller screen.  Perhaps a 5" screen is as small as I would go.  But for now, I am in love with this new phone.  Anyone getting either the 6 or 6+ will love it.  I am now awaiting my temp case and screen protector, which should have been here on Friday.  I still have the plastic protective sheet on mine, lol.  As soon as I find a case and screen protector that I like, I will be placing my order.  I'm even contemplating not using a screen protector.  I've watched a few videos online and seen some of the knife and key tests to the screen.  It almost looks as if it's unscratchable.  I am still very cautious about this, but it is a thought in my head.  But watching the drop tests makes it appear to be very fragile.  I'm pretty good about not dropping my phones and I always have a case.  I don't plan to rock this iPhone nude though.  It's definitely going to be in a nice case.  

• Screen is gorgeous (and appears to be very durable)
  • Size is perfect
  • Camera is the best I've seen on a phone
  • Design is sexy imo
  • Build quality is great as expected from Apple
  • Battery life is good, not as good as in reviews (could be due to me leaving the screen brightness up)

Dislikes:

• The slow-motion video is a bit grainy (but I will admit it's my new favorite thing to use)
  • Does feel a bit slippery
  • Apps need optimizing

I hope this post doesn't offend anyone who is still awaiting their phones.  With so many negative threads (which I admit is all justified), I wanted to share some positives.

I would love to hear about others experiences (mostly positive I hope) and how they feel about their new iPhones.  What do you love the most?  What do you not like?

• Previous phone: iPhone 5 64GB Black Slate
  • Current phone: iPhone 6 Plus 128GB Space Grey
  • Next phone: Possibly the iPhone 7
0 REPLIES 0